Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Got My Kenwood DDX 7015 Double DIN DVD Headunit Installed *PIX*

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 10:08 AM
SizongZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh.... I just watch the navi =)

Alpine.... I'm the one with the Brickyard. I just got my pictures from MC last weekend... Haven't really had a chance to sit down and post any pics.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:22 AM
DrCold

Originally posted by alpine
It can defintely be flush mounted, we're still working on a cleaner custom trim plate, however this looks pretty good for the moment.

https://my350z.com/forum/attachment....&postid=720551

Also my complete system is underway this week, nav, sirius, 20gb keg, amps, subs, custom box, bye-bye spare.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=65026
Holy crap that is sweet. I knew waiting to install a new head unit would be worth it.

But now Eclpise has something like it. How does the Kenwood unit compare to the Eclipse unit? I personally like the Kenwood better as their units are cheaper in price. But if the features of the Eclipse system are worth it, I might have to go with one of them. What do you guys think?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:33 AM
alpine

Originally posted by SizongZ
Oh.... I just watch the navi =)

Alpine.... I'm the one with the Brickyard. I just got my pictures from MC last weekend... Haven't really had a chance to sit down and post any pics.
Ahhh...

It's all clear now..

It killed me that i had to wait for my 2nd and possible 3rd amps for so long, you beat me to the punch on the over all installation, the only difference will be the amps themselves and the type of speakers and box install.

I really wanted to see your JL box, I had seen something like it before elsewhere, and after seeing your pics I realized they were NOT the same, but I heard the config & sound is good!

Z-Ya,

Joe
Old 04-06-2004, 10:35 AM
alpine

Originally posted by DrCold
Holy crap that is sweet. I knew waiting to install a new head unit would be worth it.

But now Eclpise has something like it. How does the Kenwood unit compare to the Eclipse unit? I personally like the Kenwood better as their units are cheaper in price. But if the features of the Eclipse system are worth it, I might have to go with one of them. What do you guys think?
This really comes down to features not price...

I'm not familar with the Eclipse unit, take a look at the features and if you are into connectivity look at what and how can be attached to the unit.

Defintely Kenwood is leading the pack with Options, Features, and Connectivity.. I'm a data guy so I love that stuff
Old 04-06-2004, 10:36 AM
SizongZ

Originally posted by phoenixtroy
since you can play one source and watch another .. it would be possible to play/watch a club visualization dvd from a ps2 input and listen to music from the in deck cd... correct or no ?
Yes I believe so. Haven't really had a chance to learn the unit completely yet.
I have the 20G music keg that's still empty... haven't had much time do to anything lately... hahah..

Phat... sorry for taking over your thread...
Old 04-06-2004, 10:42 AM
SizongZ

Originally posted by SizongZ
Yes I believe so. Haven't really had a chance to learn the unit completely yet.
I have the 20G music keg that's still empty... haven't had much time do to anything lately... hahah..

Joe... I really like the JL Stealth Box. The fit is perfect and can easily be removed. And it hits pretty hard. =)

Phat... sorry for taking over your thread...
Old 04-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Phatmitzu

No biggy. Im just reading along and learn more about the unit as well. This thing is just amazing, lots of stuff to play with.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:57 AM
alpine

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
No biggy. Im just reading along and learn more about the unit as well. This thing is just amazing, lots of stuff to play with.
No kidding with the stuff to play with, I can't wait for the Amplifier interface..

What'll also be nice about these amps, Is I can put the head unit into amp display mode and I will get the info or demo from the amps so at least it won't just be sitting there when I am not starring at the navi or dvd or my camera inputs...
Old 04-07-2004, 06:01 AM
alpine

Default My kenwood DDX 7015 Complete system installation has begun

My kenwood DDX 7015 Complete system installation has begun, some of you that I know, and have seen us talking about these head units wanted to know when I would "actually" start doing it, so it's official, the cars been operated on now for a full day and half.

Kenwood DDX 7015 Touch Screen Control DVD/CD/MP3/VCD Playback, Navigation, 20GB mp3 Hard Drive, Sirius Satelite Radio, 2 Data Controlled Excelon Amps, MB Quarts, Camera(s), and a Couple Subs in a Custom Box

Expect it to be done in a week or so, and we're going to play with some other things while we're at it.

I also put up some pix of my previous installation while I had the dvd-911.

Can't wait!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:06 AM
DrCold

Looks like a sweet setup. Good luck with the install.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:07 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alpine:
Awesome HU...keep us posted on your future installs.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:11 AM
alpine

Originally posted by DrCold
Looks like a sweet setup. Good luck with the install.
Thanks!

I just got back in town, there has been a lot of progress, but there is still more detail work to do, I'm getting some info today hopefully.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:12 AM
alpine

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
Alpine:
Awesome HU...keep us posted on your future installs.
What I said
Old 04-16-2004, 01:57 AM
rands

awesome!

i've had one of these sitting on my desk for a week now, and i've been considering whether i should throw it in the z or not. i was really stoked about getting this headunit. but now that i powered it up, i think the user interface is kinda boring. but what really annoyed me is the one line text display. since i'm gonna use it with a music keg, it's much better with a two line display.
i may still do it, and i'm glad to see it looks awesome in the car.

i wish they had a double-din unit like the 7015 with all the features of the 915DVD, that just went on sale. tv tuner and dual zone audio (hmm, one zone for the driver, the other for the passenger???)
Old 04-16-2004, 08:36 AM
alpine

Originally posted by rands
awesome!

i've had one of these sitting on my desk for a week now, and i've been considering whether i should throw it in the z or not. i was really stoked about getting this headunit. but now that i powered it up, i think the user interface is kinda boring. but what really annoyed me is the one line text display. since i'm gonna use it with a music keg, it's much better with a two line display.
i may still do it, and i'm glad to see it looks awesome in the car.

i wish they had a double-din unit like the 7015 with all the features of the 915DVD, that just went on sale. tv tuner and dual zone audio (hmm, one zone for the driver, the other for the passenger???)
That's funny you mentioned that, I was just looking at the 915DVD yesterday, Mobile Connection got 8 of them in stock as I was standing there.

I said the very same thing, and now I'm more upset with the interface on the dx 7015 in comparison to the 915dvd. What's also nice about the 915 is they must have changed the internal processor because the displays are much quicker/snappier than what I had when I was using the 911.

There has got to be someway to update the interace on the ddx 7015, I'm sure somewhere in Japan there is an upadted Eprom or something we can smuggle in to the US.

Here are some updated pics on my installation
Old 04-16-2004, 05:10 PM
n666

ok..somebody here said something about watching Nav .. silly question.. i know this unit doesnt come with Nav.. so were you talking about an additional system installed? or what
Old 04-17-2004, 08:06 AM
alpine

Originally posted by n666
ok..somebody here said something about watching Nav .. silly question.. i know this unit doesnt come with Nav.. so were you talking about an additional system installed? or what
Right, Kenwood offers a seperate NAV unit, it's one of the best out there in regards to features & use. One of the car companies out there is using the same unit for those reasons.

And Sizong was the one who mentioned watching nav as a joke, he got a similar system installed a week before I did at Mobile Connection.

Also for those of you who want more features, and of course more interesting menus & backgrounds:

This DVD915 is Available at Mobile Connection for $2,199.00 6 in Stock now

Last edited by alpine; 04-17-2004 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:40 AM
alpine

Default Updated News & system installation pics...

The periphial equipment communication problem has been fixed, and we're trying out the Kenwood DB+ series of speakers now.

I hope the work as well as they sound, more to come:

Click here for System News & Pics
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 AM
alpine

Replacing the head unit with the latest Excelon unit in the next week or two....

I actually installed the DDX 6019 a few months back but I didn't like the way the unit worked, or the controls in comparrison to my 7015 which is an excelon model.

I mainly wanted it for the bluetooth module for my phone, and it works pretty well, but due to all the cabin noise it's not quite as practical as I would have liked.

To answer the last question, yes you can view any video source, and then listen to a different audio source at the same time.

See ya guys later..