Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Dynamet installation areas

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 01:25 PM
jbwii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamet installation areas

I just purchased a roll of 100 s.f. Dynamat. I have a couple of questions and was looking for some advise.

I do have an aftermarket stereo system with a 10" sub in the standard location my main goal is to improve the sound system and reduce road noise.

What are the critical areas to apply the Dynamat and what areas do I not have to worry about. Under the hood for example.

Also, my biggest concern is that my Z is one of the ones that has 6 airbags. There are 2 in the dash, one in each seat and 2 in the headliner. I am a little concerned about removing the seats and the headliner to apply the dynamat. I would hate to accidentally fire all the airbags in the car.

Anyone have any thoughts?

- thanks
Old 05-08-2004, 02:44 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure where the dynamat should be installed but as far as removing the seats, just disconnect the neg terminal from the battery, remove the seats, and when you're done make sure u reinstall the seats before you reconnect the neg terminal. If you connect the neg before you install the seats the airbag light will go on. No big deal, only takes the dealership a second to turn it off but it's just an extra trip to the dealership then.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:53 PM
jbwii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, that should take care of the cabin.

I think I am going to forget about doing the headliner area. I'll just do the doors, the passinger floor, hattchback floor, the sub area. glovebox area and the hatch.

Anywhere else I should consider?