Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Blose To Infinity

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 09:51 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Blose To Infinity

Hey getting ready to install all my new audio stuff and discovered something easy.

Unscrew the Blose badge from the sub cover (two metal press on disks.)
Gently pull on the Infinity badge from the Basslink (It comes right off.)
Take a 1/4 inch drill and enlarge the holes from the BLose badge (make sure its on center) in the sub cover.
Pop in the Infinity badge.
Hot glue it to keep it from rattling off.
Done.
Sorry for the glare on the picture.
Attached Thumbnails Blose To Infinity-350z-speaker-002a.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 10:22 AM
n666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice.. i'm getting my basslink in a couple days... gona do that too.. is it necessary to make the holes bigger? or would it be possible to simply glue it on?
Old 05-18-2004, 10:26 AM
gringott

Default Drill the holes

Originally posted by n666
very nice.. i'm getting my basslink in a couple days... gona do that too.. is it necessary to make the holes bigger? or would it be possible to simply glue it on?
The infinity badge has two posts on the same centers as the blose badge, only larger. To glue it on you would have to cut off the posts, much nicer to just ream the holes, so to speak.

Which would you rather:

Cut off your post?

Or ream out the hole?

For me, I want to keep my post.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:35 AM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Hey gringott, did you install the Basslink yourself or did a shop do it? Also, where in KY are you? I live north of Nashville and wondered if you know of any good audio shops that have experience working with the Z.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:17 AM
gringott

Default I haven't put it in yet, will do it tomorrow.

I live near Fort Knox, the shops here might or might not be ok, but my experience after talking to them and getting price quotes was a negative experience. Talking to the local people in the age bracket that messes with stereos came up with a general opinion - they all suck and are expensive.

First, they already have ideas; and don't want to hear yours.

They want to install what they make the most profit on.

They want to install what is easy for them.

They local shop that is the best seems to really focus on putting some giant fiberglass sub box in your car and a bunch of TVs. I am not interested. I have a bunch of TVs in my house, and a great stereo. Just want a good mobile audio video setup. Not a window rattling monster that needs jumper cable thick wires to power it

So I decided to do it myself. The savings by doing it myself and buying online, bargains, etc, have allowed me to have much more for less.

So far I have installed the head unit (WX-7700MDX Sony) and am now (tomorrow) going to install the basslink, the rear speakers, amp, xm radio, etc. I am held up right now waiting for the XM antenna, which the @#$%$ guy said he mailed on 3 May. Just don't think so, unless he mailed it from the moon. So I will leave off the panels until I get the antenna, but will install the parts.

The posts here have been excellent in planning my setup, those pioneers who first did the basslink, installed speakers, etc really took the hard edge off for those of us who follow. Thanks to them all for sharing the knowledge.

And to answer your question about experience with the Z, none of the audio shops I visited had ever worked on a Z. There are a couple around here, but I guess they aren't upgrading or are doing it themselves. I even went to Circuit City in Louisville and they had zero experience, and were very impressed when they saw the WX-770MDX. They asked me who installed it, and gave really positive feedback on the install.

Hey I think I really ran on here.
nuff said.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:12 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

I worked for local electronic store for 2 years and have spent enough time in the install bay to know that most of those guys just hack and smash their way to completion. Since I don't drive a Honda Accord (any more...) my first priority is finding a reputable shop that has experience with the 350Z. A good friend manages a store that may or may not be a good candidate. He says that his guys have worked on several Z's but I am still a little wishy washy about it. I wish I could do it myself but that may be just as bad. Thanks for getting back to me.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Dissident

Nice! Wish I had a fostgate or Boston logo to replace that with...
Old 05-18-2004, 03:02 PM
n666

gringott.. are you running wires all the way to the battery to get power for basslink?
Old 05-18-2004, 05:11 PM
gringott

Default Power Line

Yes, I have run an 8 wire from the battery down the passenger side to the storage box (followed the how to here on the forum.) There I have a terminal that splits to two 8's, one for basslink, one for the amp. I believe the basslink instructions state you must have at least a 10, someone correct me if I am wrong, I do know that I exceed the requirements.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:21 PM
desiZ

does the basslink come with the 8 wire ? where do i get one from ? i know this sounds silly but i'm not sure what extra's i'll need to connect my basslink...
Old 05-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Dissident

If it doesn't come with it. Walmart is the place to get cheap wiring kits
Old 05-20-2004, 10:58 PM
AParshall04

*Agrees with Dissident* cheap cheap at wal-mart, just not ultra thick. If you want the 4 gauge wire you need to go to someplace like best buy, circuit city, or any audio shop (but its going to be big bucks) or even ebay.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Dissident

for 4 guage or better, cheap out sonicelectronix.com or sounddomain.com