Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Seat memory

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 03:49 AM
mgoza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat memory

Any of you electronics wizards thought of putting seat memory on the Z? I'd really like to push a button and have it change the seat settings to 2 different driver positions. Same thing for the passenger side wouldn't be bad either.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:10 PM
KPierson
Banned

Default Re: Seat memory

It can be done, but not in a 'good way'. The seats have no feedback mechanism built into them, so its impossible to know where they are at. The only way a seat memory mod would be possible is to every time you push the button have the seats move ALL the way back, and then move them forward for a preset amount of time. There is no guarantee they will end up at the exact same place every time but they should be close. Also, programming it would be almost impossilble.

Kevin

Originally posted by mgoza
Any of you electronics wizards thought of putting seat memory on the Z? I'd really like to push a button and have it change the seat settings to 2 different driver positions. Same thing for the passenger side wouldn't be bad either.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:25 PM
mgoza

What about adding an encoder to the motor or even better, how about micro switches mounted at the desired positions. I think that would handle the for/aft, but not the rake of the seat. There are too many cars out there that have it. It should not be that hard a problem. I guess if it had been built in from the start, then the required position info would be there. I'd still like to retrofit something if possible. There has got to be a way to measure the postion of the seat. On the roadster, the passenger seat moves forward slightly and then back to the original position when the top is opened/closed. There has got to be something in there to tell it how far to go.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:27 PM
KPierson
Banned

An encoder wheel would be the way to go. You would have to take the whole seat apart and see if there are any places possible to mount the wheel. Microswitches would work, but making them exact would be somewhat inconvienant (sp!).

Kevin

Originally posted by mgoza
What about adding an encoder to the motor or even better, how about micro switches mounted at the desired positions. I think that would handle the for/aft, but not the rake of the seat. There are too many cars out there that have it. It should not be that hard a problem. I guess if it had been built in from the start, then the required position info would be there. I'd still like to retrofit something if possible. There has got to be a way to measure the postion of the seat. On the roadster, the passenger seat moves forward slightly and then back to the original position when the top is opened/closed. There has got to be something in there to tell it how far to go.