Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Basslink installation help

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 04:13 AM
tractng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basslink installation help

Guys,

I want to get a basslink for my factory unit. I have a few questions. I have an '04.

What is the best locations? Behind the driver seat where the stock bose sub is?

Did you self install? In the past, I would install my own stereo, but since this is a new car, I am not
sure. But I also don't like the idea of somebody doing it at the shop. So I am leaning on
doing the installation myself.

Did you have to take out the head unit to run the power. How about the plastic panel or carpet.
Any link where I can run the power straight to the battery instead of taking the head unit off.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 05-31-2004, 06:58 AM
desiZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Basslink installation help

Originally posted by tractng
Guys,

I want to get a basslink for my factory unit. I have a few questions. I have an '04.

What is the best locations? Behind the driver seat where the stock bose sub is?
thats' your best bet

Did you self install? In the past, I would install my own stereo, but since this is a new car, I am not
sure. But I also don't like the idea of somebody doing it at the shop. So I am leaning on
doing the installation myself.
installation started yesterday, finished doors & head unit, i have a friend who does car audio help me out, and if you're a total newb, you need someone like that around... he got the door panels & carpet area off in like 5 minutes... without any help ..

Did you have to take out the head unit to run the power. How about the plastic panel or carpet.
Any link where I can run the power straight to the battery instead of taking the head unit off.
link to run battery from the firewall is in the how to section, i ran two separate lines spllitting from one which went through the firewall... i needed one for my head unit & one for my basslink

Thanks,
Tony
will post pictures tomrorow once its completed... have to leave in 10 minutes to start install work