Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Factory NAV system update DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 07:58 AM
dbbyres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory NAV system update DVD?

The factory periodically releases update DVDs for the NAV system. Not map data updates but software updates to the nav system. Does anyone have access to these DVDs?
Old 05-31-2004, 08:20 AM
swong13

I know that I have seen the website for the company that makes the DVD navigation system for Nissan. I have been trying to find the name of the company and website again but have not had any luck. Anyone know the name of the company? I plan to go read my Nav handbook this afternoon to see if it contains any clues.

-Steven
Old 05-31-2004, 08:35 AM
dbbyres

Originally posted by swong13
I know that I have seen the website for the company that makes the DVD navigation system for Nissan. I have been trying to find the name of the company and website again but have not had any luck. Anyone know the name of the company? I plan to go read my Nav handbook this afternoon to see if it contains any clues.

-Steven
The Nav system is made by Japanese company called Xanavi. Here's their web site: http://www.xanavi.co.jp/

They have an English language section but not much information. The 350Z service manual, navigation section, has more detail about the system, including procedure for updating the NAV system software using DVD update.

david
Old 05-31-2004, 10:10 AM
swong13

OK. Read the manual and found the company that writes the map software: www.zenrin.com. On the Zenrin website from the FAQ section:

"Does the hardware system need to be upgraded?

Depending on the model year of your vehicle, an operating system upgrade may be necessary in order to use newer versions of the mapping software. Please contact our Customer Support Center for further details."

By the way... The current version for the mapping software is 6.2. The version for the DVD is written on the DVD.

-Steven