Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

broken OEM head unit. Anyone else

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 06:25 PM
n8vz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken OEM head unit. Anyone else

My the CD player in my OEM non bose head unit just died to day. Radio still works fine. Anyone else with experience the same thing?

the question now is if i should get it fixed under warranty or use this excuse to get a new head unit that play MP3. How big a pain is it to DIY from Crutchfield?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:50 PM
desiZ

Default Re: broken OEM head unit. Anyone else

Originally posted by n8vz
My the CD player in my OEM non bose head unit just died to day. Radio still works fine. Anyone else with experience the same thing?

the question now is if i should get it fixed under warranty or use this excuse to get a new head unit that play MP3. How big a pain is it to DIY from Crutchfield?
if you have no clue about car audio, get a friend who knows something to help u out, especially if he knows about taking cars apart... took me 2 days (5 hours each day) with two friends, one who did 20-30 car audio installations before... so he popped all the stuff off and did all the wiring etc...

here's a link to my install 2 days ago ..
Stereo install alpine9833
Old 06-02-2004, 12:15 PM
MSGarrett1

Default Re: broken OEM head unit. Anyone else

Originally posted by n8vz

Nice thing about Crutchfield . . . they will provide detailed installation instructions w/ pictures specific to the removal of panels for your car (350Z). My first car installation (many years ago) was with Crutchfield equipment and their instructions. You will be able to do it with simple hand tools and get the satisfaction of having done it yourself. Also, they will include the headunit kit and wiring harness adapter free w/ purchase of aftermarket head unit.

If you decide to go another route and need another non-bose OEM head unit, let me know. I'll sell you mine cheap.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Dre Dizzle

I could sell u mine OEM non-Bose headunit, real cheap, used for only 3 months...
Old 06-02-2004, 05:57 PM
desiZ

i wasn't planning on selling mine, but i'm open to an offer... its only a month old ... non-bose oem unit
Old 06-03-2004, 03:51 PM
n8vz

Thanks guys.. but it's covered under warranty if i decide to keep with the OEM head unit.