Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Sony WX 7700 MDX

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 07:37 AM
SIX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sony WX 7700 MDX

Does anyone have this model? How do you like it?
Would this work with stock speakers, 500/1 JL amp and 2 JL w4 Subs?
Any reviews would be a plus.
thx

http://www.sony.jp/products/me/conte...x_7700mdx.html
Old 06-02-2004, 06:37 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Sony WX 7700 MDX

Originally posted by SIX
Does anyone have this model? How do you like it?
Would this work with stock speakers, 500/1 JL amp and 2 JL w4 Subs?
Any reviews would be a plus.
thx

http://www.sony.jp/products/me/conte...x_7700mdx.html
I have it. Love it. FM and AM suck big time (very bad reception - you could get the Korean model, which others have said has the World tuner, but a distributor I spoke to in Hong Kong told me the Asia market models have different (read lower quality) internals. Hooked a Sony CD MP3 changer, Sony XM tuner, Sony Aux switcher (adds two more AUX ports and a USB port) Basslink, Infinity speakers front and back. Seems any Sony add on I throw at it works, just looking at the telephone add on they sell in Japan, sure wish I could really read the Japanese to see if I could hack that to work with a US phone. Everyone who sees it seems to be shocked that such a radio exsists. Of course, I am in Kentucky so maybe that is why. Very different than your typical 1 DIN aftermarket radio. Looks like it belongs in the car, unlike any of the single DIN units I have seen. In my opinion, this car has to have a double DIN radio to look right.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:20 PM
mofoz

spend 150 on speakers and buy them online. stock speakers are so friggin bad.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:20 AM
SIX

Nice, The great thing is my GF lives in Nagasaki and she can pick one up for me. I don't listen to the radio much so that dosn't bother me. Did u install the unit? Was there any problems or special kits that were required to install?

Would love to see some pics of this unit in your car do u have any to share?

I work nights so my posts are often late ...damm gov work

Thx
Old 06-04-2004, 06:55 AM
gringott

Default In answer to your questions

I installed it myself. I used a Metra wiring harness, and I ordered the Nissan double din frame from japanparts. com. You could get your GF to get the frame for you. I don't have any pictures right now because my wife took the digital camera with her to Poland, but she will be back on the 17th, so if you like I will post pictures then. The Nissan frame is the same color as the center console but is smooth plastic, not the same texture as the console. I got used to it right away, and like it, but others who have had it (the frame) said they don't like the space around the faceplate of the WX. I think it looks right. Matter of taste.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:57 AM
SIX

Cool Thx would love Pics. This HU does not Play MP3? hummm Bummer... If you could get the photos of the Frame would be great. I love this HU. I just installed a JL stealthbox and a 500 watt amp with stock HU and Stock Speakers.....I wanted to cry...the Stock crap is horrible... I'll just leave the radio off untill I get this HU. Don't want to disgrace the music community by pushing distorted music out of crapy componets.
Thx
Old 06-11-2004, 01:05 AM
SIX

Cool Thx would love Pics. This HU does not Play MP3? hummm Bummer... If you could get the photos of the Frame would be great. I love this HU. I just installed a JL stealthbox and a 500 watt amp with stock HU and Stock Speakers.....I wanted to cry...the Stock crap is horrible... I'll just leave the radio off untill I get this HU. Don't want to disgrace the music community by pushing distorted music out of crapy componets.
Thx
Old 06-11-2004, 07:04 AM
gringott

Default Just add the 10 disc cd changer

that plays MP3s. Then you are there. With 10 times the disks. Also, the Mini Disc player does play MP3s. Just the CD player doesn't. I use the Minidisc and the changer for my MP3s.