Old 06-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Zrated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone hear these components?..CDTAudio

http://www.cdtaudio.com/car_audio.htm
Old 06-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Ralphus

Any series of CDT's will blow away your Kappas.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:07 AM
redls1

Not sure of the model but Im using some for my fronts and they sound great.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:48 AM
rplink

Check out some of the car audio forums. You'll find that the CDTs are consistenly rated very high. I have the Eurosports with the silk tweeters and they really perform well.

The CL line gets great reviews and they are really affordable. I bought my Eurosports from http://www.thezeb.com and looks like the CLs are on sale.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Zrated

Sweet, thanks!

I just removed my Kappas because they sounded like garbage.

I was also looking at the Focal 165K, any idea how the focals would compair to the CDT CL-62?

Last edited by Zrated; 06-05-2004 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:45 AM
rplink

Zrated, I've haven't auditioned the Focals, so impossible for me to say. They also get high reviews like the CDT components.

Probaby won't go wrong with either choice. I like the CDTs because of the choice between silk or titanium tweeter domes.

Good luck!
Old 06-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Zrated

Thanks, I think I'm going with the CDT Audio HD-62 components.

These are rated 175w RMS. I would like to run them with a JL Audio 150w x 2.

Do you have any other amp suggestions?
Old 06-06-2004, 10:26 AM
rplink

Nice choice on the speakers.

Give me an idea of your price range for the amp. I'm running a JL Audio 500/5 now and it's a decent amp. I have it running my Eurosports up front, a set of Rainbow rear fill coaxials and a single A/D/S DVC 8" sub.

Nazar is just finishing up my subwoofer box which will have two of the A/D/S 8" subs. When it arrives, I've got two Xtant amps to install in place of the 500/5.

Lot of good amps out there. Are you planning to add a sub sometime in the future? A 5 channel amp may be the way to go for you if ease of installation, space and you want to continue to run a set of components and coaxials.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:32 AM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

I own the CDT CL-61a's with sillk tweeters. I based this decision on many reviews and a discounted price. The problem: I haven't installed them yet.

(maybe this week)
Old 06-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Zrated

Originally posted by HEUGE
I own the CDT CL-61a's with sillk tweeters. I based this decision on many reviews and a discounted price. The problem: I haven't installed them yet.

(maybe this week)
Hehe... Yeah that price is pretty awesome.

Originally posted by rplink

Nice choice on the speakers.

Give me an idea of your price range for the amp. I'm running a JL Audio 500/5 now and it's a decent amp. I have it running my Eurosports up front, a set of Rainbow rear fill coaxials and a single A/D/S DVC 8" sub.

Nazar is just finishing up my subwoofer box which will have two of the A/D/S 8" subs. When it arrives, I've got two Xtant amps to install in place of the 500/5.

Lot of good amps out there. Are you planning to add a sub sometime in the future? A 5 channel amp may be the way to go for you if ease of installation, space and you want to continue to run a set of components and coaxials.
I am planning for a sub later...
I am not sure what the recommended RMS for the HD's are actually. ...

The website has a listing of 175RMS and thats why I selected the 125 RMS x 2 amp. I was to run Polk db 650 CX off my Alpine 9833 for fill in the rear (~26 RMS) then a seperate 250-500w mono for the sub/s. I don't know how many watts this charging system can handle.?

I thought I saw recomended 130 RMS somewhere else. In which case the JL 500-5 would be perfect 100RMS to each of the fronts and 25RMS to the polks and 250 for a sub. It would make things cleaner.

I sent CDT an e-mail abou the RMS?

How is the power for the sub channel on the 500-5? it is solid?

Price range for the amps would be around JL range. Could you give me other suggestions of manufacturers in this price range too?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2004, 04:37 PM
BoostTed

Zrated...just replied to your PM. Good choice on speakers. It seems like you like audio and arent afraid to spend quality money on it. Have you looked at doing a 3way CDT setup? I have a 3way Focal Utopia setup and I swear everytime I crank my stereo up and put on a CD with good music, not the rap or hip hop stuff I usually listen to, I get chills and a big grin on my face. The other drivers on the road must look at me like im an idiot.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:03 PM
rplink

Sounds like you've got a good handle on your system plan already. I like the idea of using the headunit power for the rear fills. Spend the money where it really counts,,,,solid front stage and well damped sub frequencies.

If it was me, I'd plan for the future. Since you know you'll be adding a sub later, decide if you want to go with either a two channel amp + a mono sub amp or a three channel amp. Take a look at the Xtant X603 for a really nice, although expensive 3 channel amp.

If you did want to go 5 channel, the JL 500/5 is good choice. The 250w sub section did a nice job powering a single A/D/S 308rs.2 8" DVC subwoofer capable of 400W powerhandling.

Some Other amps to consider besides the mainstream Alpine, JL, RF, etc:

A/D/S
Eclipse
Audison

Hope that helps and good luck with your system.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Zrated

Originally posted by BoostTed
Zrated...just replied to your PM. Good choice on speakers. It seems like you like audio and arent afraid to spend quality money on it. Have you looked at doing a 3way CDT setup? I have a 3way Focal Utopia setup and I swear everytime I crank my stereo up and put on a CD with good music, not the rap or hip hop stuff I usually listen to, I get chills and a big grin on my face. The other drivers on the road must look at me like im an idiot.
I'll bet that sounds sweet!

I would love to do the 3 way setup, but wasn't sure how to mount everything.

Did you do a custom fab for kick panels?

Originally posted by rplink
Sounds like you've got a good handle on your system plan already. I like the idea of using the headunit power for the rear fills. Spend the money where it really counts,,,,solid front stage and well damped sub frequencies.

If it was me, I'd plan for the future. Since you know you'll be adding a sub later, decide if you want to go with either a two channel amp + a mono sub amp or a three channel amp. Take a look at the Xtant X603 for a really nice, although expensive 3 channel amp.

If you did want to go 5 channel, the JL 500/5 is good choice. The 250w sub section did a nice job powering a single A/D/S 308rs.2 8" DVC subwoofer capable of 400W powerhandling.

Some Other amps to consider besides the mainstream Alpine, JL, RF, etc:

A/D/S
Eclipse
Audison

Hope that helps and good luck with your system.
Thanks for the suggestions, these are all good things to consider. I'll take a look at the Xtant X603.

The planning takes time, but definately pays off in the end.

When it's done I hope to look like this
Old 06-07-2004, 05:49 PM
BoostTed

Originally posted by Zrated
I'll bet that sounds sweet!

I would love to do the 3 way setup, but wasn't sure how to mount everything.

Did you do a custom fab for kick panels?

yup
Old 06-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Zrated

Nice! What does a custom job like that run..on average?