Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Nav voice inaudible after stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 08:55 AM
nycjason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav voice inaudible after stereo upgrade

I am pretty new to this stuff and althought what I have done is a super simple mod, it is not working quite right. All I did was swap the factory base stereo for the factory bose 6cd/tape head unit. I do have two amps that came with it (I bought this on ebay from a trusted seller). I have not installed the amps yet, so I still have the factory base amp which I think might have something to do with this, but I just wanted to check in to see if any body knows what's going on. The problem I am having is the Nav voice is so quiet you can barely hear it even with the radio off. I have the volume turned all the way up in the Nav preferences, but it is just too quiet. Will installing the bose amps do the trick? Anybody have a how-to on replacing the factory base amp with the bose amp? I also have not installed the bose sub woofer yet.

Jason
Old 06-07-2004, 10:12 AM
SmokinZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm afraid your post is so confusing I can't answer it... lol

i do know that you have to re-work the mute circuit on the NAVI voice for it to work with an aftermarket H.U.

my navi voice now goes to an auxilliary speaker behind my seat - but it may need an amp to make it louder...