Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Does anyone have the Passport SR7 installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 07:34 PM
350zRat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have the Passport SR7 installed

I want to know if it is as good as the portable units like the 8500 and the V1. Since the detection modules are installed in the grill and on the rear near the plate i was wondering if it will have a hard time picking up signals, as opposed to the portables that are mounted high in the windshield. I would rather spend a third of the cost and get a portable but i really need a stealth unit so i have no choice. So as my only option do you think it will detect and give me time to slow down?

thanks

Oh yeah, one more thing. Will the police know what the black sensors mounted to the grill and plate are. I was stoped a few days ago and i spotted the police car early and hit the brakes. The officer was looking at my front and rear bumpers a lot. He went upto the front 3 times and eyed my bumpers. I thought maybe he thought i had a stealth unit. Maybe im just paranoid. But i hope the sr7 will atleast stop me from being stoped in the first place.

Last edited by 350zRat; 06-26-2004 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:45 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Does anyone have the Passport SR7 installed

Originally posted by 350zRat
I want to know if it is as good as the portable units like the 8500 and the V1. Since the detection modules are installed in the grill and on the rear near the plate i was wondering if it will have a hard time picking up signals, as opposed to the portables that are mounted high in the windshield. I would rather spend a third of the cost and get a portable but i really need a stealth unit so i have no choice. So as my only option do you think it will detect and give me time to slow down?

thanks

Oh yeah, one more thing. Will the police know what the black sensors mounted to the grill and plate are. I was stoped a few days ago and i spotted the police car early and hit the brakes. The officer was looking at my front and rear bumpers a lot. He went upto the front 3 times and eyed my bumpers. I thought maybe he thought i had a stealth unit. Maybe im just paranoid. But i hope the sr7 will atleast stop me from being stoped in the first place.
I put the SR1 on my 350Z with a laser diffuser and a SR7 on my Audi. The SR1 was ordered off the shelf by the FCC because they interfered with ATM and gas station cc processors.

During two recent cross country trips, the SR7 saved me several times. I don't think the low mounting is a performance problem, but I don't know for sure. One thing I know for sure -- no tickets and I was haulin' when opportunities presented themselves.

BTW, the trooper can easily see the sensors mounted on the rear license plate; they would need to get on their knees to see the front mounts.

Bob