Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Valentine1

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 12:13 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valentine1

Well after deciding to purchase a radar detector for my upcoming road trip, I went ahead and splurged and got the Valentine 1.

After reading the reviews on this site, I see a lot of happy customers, I have not read one bad comment.

Anyway, just thought I would share that I bought one today.

Did everyone get their detector as promised? I ordered today and chose the UPS 2nd day delivery.

So I am assuming I will get it Tues or Wednesday, correct?

Any pointers or tips on this radar detector before I travel, placement, ect?

Thanks for any tips.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:59 PM
mofoz

i also just picked up my V1. One of the best upgrades i have done yet. You should do the stealth install(i did) it wasnt to hard, and it makes the V1 so much better. I choose the regular delivery and had it on friday and i ordered it on monday. You can choose different "modes" theres all, logic, and advanced logic i believe. I heard you should put it on advanced logic to filter out some bogus threats. The arrows make this the best detectror in my opinion.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:41 PM
mgk65

With a radar detector, the best location is to be as high on the windshield as possible without blocking rear view.

The stealth install is pretty good.

However, I chose to use mike8838,'s mirror mount instead. Do a search here to see one. I really like this mount. The detector is easily visible and I like the location under the mirror.

I would keep it on All bogey mode while travelling and locally until you get a feel for the detector.

I actually got my detector before I expected it. I wasn't in that big a hurry, so to save $40, I told them to pre-order me a returned unit, regular UPS. They usually get some and check them out for resale every couple of days. They did not have one in stock, so I wasn't expecting one until the following week. I got one two days later! I do live within 2 days of UPS ground from them.