Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Anyone have triple gauge and main cluster outage after install?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 04:52 PM
redz32/bluez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone have triple gauge and main cluster outage after install?

I just finished my install w/audiolink, amps, sub and JL components last night, and when I fired it up this morning, all my gauges were, well, not right. The triple cluster is completely dead, and the main cluster is lit up like a christmas tree with all the idiot lights but no action. And yes, I feel like an idiot with all those lights on. Since the harnesses can only go to their respective mates, I know that I didn't mismatch them. Maybe I have pinched a harness group behind my unified/ a/c amp? Also, on that unit, there are three places for harnesses, but I only had two to put in there, plus there is a little red slash above the unused one that leads me to believe that one is left empty. Am I wrong on that? Does anyone have any enlightenment for me? I have already tried batt. terminal dis/reconnect and checked all fuses on the block on top of the battery box area, but have yet to dig into the one mounted on the firewall since the clips are a PITA to reach. Where else might I check? I kind of like driving around without adding any miles to the car, but when I run out of gas, it won't be so great. Oh, BTW, the ECU seems to be functioning normally, the lights and signals work (but the flasher is inaudible) and I'm pretty sure the traction control is activated. I wasn't going to test for ABS function if I can help it. The display shows odometer and trip but they don't change when driving. I hate to have to rip the dash apart again...... Also-nav won't turn off, I can see it's on even with lid closed, and door chime isn't working with key in. All air controls and a/c work fine, and boy, does the stereo sound and work great. But the gauges, well,....

Last edited by redz32/bluez33; 07-22-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:20 PM
redz32/bluez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found it..when in doubt, RTFM. There are three connectors-one had become entangled in the audiolink bundle. If there is an administrator with any mercy, please remove this whole thread to remove my shame. Thanks.