Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

changing out bose speakers while retaining bose headunit/amp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004 | 03:32 PM
myz8a4re

Default changing out bose speakers while retaining bose headunit/amp?

i remember runnning across threads where people have replaced the speakers behind each of the seats(drivers) while retaining the bose system. i also ran across a post in the past where somone replaced the door peakers & in the pic they used the bose speaker enclosure & wiring, looked as though they were still using the bose head unit/amp/wiring.......so my question is: is it possible to replace any of the bose speakers & upgrade them with better quality speakers without replacing the bose headunit or factory amp? ive heard both yes as stated above & no from others saying the ohm rating is not equivelent to those of aftermarket speakers........please advise, id like to replace some of the speakers if possible.........

-justin
Old 08-31-2004 | 04:02 PM
myz8a4re

ok, i have this feeling noone will respond but during some research i found that replacing speakers wont do any justice & may just be a waste of time.......SO, ill ask this question. can i replace my door speakers & dome tweeters(components), run them off a separate amp while allowing all other factory speakers to run off the bose amp? if so how do i go about this? where do i get the signal in to the aftermarket amp? im no steroe pro, sorry for the ignorance. i am sure i can install my own stuff as ive hooked up steroes/amps/speakers in the past.....thankyou!

-justin
Old 09-13-2004 | 03:56 AM
Perth 350z

You can install after market speakers on the Bose unit. Sound quality does improve noticably but no where near as much as if you also replaced the HU.

I know you can run another amp but not sure how it's done (need convertors, etc)
Old 09-13-2004 | 05:37 AM
myz8a4re

sent you a pm perth 350z
thanx for the response,
-justin