Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Does the Bose system use crossovers to the stock speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 04:30 PM
ZinMiami

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the Bose system use crossovers to the stock speakers?

How are the Bose system speakers wired in the Z? Does it use crossovers? Can I replace the stock speakers directly without needing wiring and crossovers using the stock wires?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:57 PM
SpAzZy

i don't have a z but my car is wired up with bose stock also. bose speakers have a seperate amplifier within the car and i'm pretty sure there is a builtin crossover in the amplifier. you would need to completely rewire your new speakers if you want to get rid of the bose. i have an acura cl btw. after i hooked up a new headunit with "the oem interface", i juiced up the dbs on the interface, and the bose have never sounded better. it doesn't get much better than that unless you're going for a serious competetion setup. good luck with your sound system
Old 10-07-2004, 02:45 PM
ZinMiami

Actually I want to keep the Bose HU. I just want to replace speakers with something better. If the amps have crossovers that would allow me to use the stock wiring as is and NOT have to use the x-overs that come with the component speakers. Anyone else care to chime in?

On a seperate note, I have noticed that the Bose system in my wife's Maxima sounds much better than ours.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:04 PM
davez

I just got done doing the same thing. I replaced all my stock speakers with mb Quart speakers. I used components in the doors, and coaxals in the rear. For the rear you can get the speaker wiring adapter, for the front I used the wire from the stock driver to feed the crossover. It sounds so much better, way more highs(which is what i wanted) and also more bass to. Dont get me wrong its not like having an aftermarket amp, but it deffinetly makes the flat BLOSE system sound a little more crisp. Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions let me know.