Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Kenwood 7015 Install Price?? MD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 01:27 PM
sobceo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood 7015 Install Price?? MD?

I have been quoted install prices from $190-$215 at install places in Maryland. Is this a reasonable install price?? Seems high to me, but maybe not.

Any comments I would appreciate. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:09 PM
DaTaSPiKe

Can you hook up a VCR?

Reason for asking, is I too thought about paying to have someone install my DDX7015 and I am glad I didn't. It saved me 150 bucks... it really is a piece of cake.

Look here... and if you need the actual part numbers for the wire harness and dash kit let me know... I've actually got a spare of both since I am having my dash molded.

Chris
Old 10-20-2004, 03:18 PM
sobceo

Yeah please give me the part numbers for both? Also I would gladly take those of your hands. Is the wiring just plug and play basically? Or do I need to do any cutting of the factory wiring? If not yet I definitely will do it myself.

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by DaTaSPiKe
Can you hook up a VCR?

Reason for asking, is I too thought about paying to have someone install my DDX7015 and I am glad I didn't. It saved me 150 bucks... it really is a piece of cake.

Look here... and if you need the actual part numbers for the wire harness and dash kit let me know... I've actually got a spare of both since I am having my dash molded.

Chris
Old 10-20-2004, 03:32 PM
jazz z1

It's moreless plug n play ... sobceoss. Go with 'DaTaSPiKe'. Sounds like he has got the stuff you need, 'HU Harness kit, and DD kit'. You can add me to your PM TECH SUPPORT list if you run into trouble.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:55 PM
DaTaSPiKe

Originally posted by sobceo
Yeah please give me the part numbers for both? Also I would gladly take those of your hands. Is the wiring just plug and play basically? Or do I need to do any cutting of the factory wiring? If not yet I definitely will do it myself.

Thanks for the help.
No problem... glad I can help out.

I am actually on my way out the door; heading home, I can be back online in about an hour or so. But if you'd like both the Dashkit and the Wiring Harness, I'll do $30 shipped. The kit cost me $18 and the wire kit was like $6 or $7.

And I'll be back online later to post a little more info, and hell, I'll even take some pictures of my wire harness so you have an idea.

Let me know.
Chris
Old 10-20-2004, 03:57 PM
DaTaSPiKe

And I just realized, I didn't even put the link in my first post... It's been a long day!

Here's the link.

http://www.**********.com/forums/tuto...&CODE=02&id=24
Old 10-20-2004, 03:57 PM
sobceo

OKay cool.. I just have one more question. I have the Bose system. Is this going to be a bit more trouble with the install? Will those wiring harness cover that? Or will I need to do other things to bypass the Bose amplifers if I have to? Thanks.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:26 PM
suse

I'm also in the same posistion as u sobceo?? Let me know if you get anymore info on this install.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:30 PM
sobceo

Actually I just called a shop around here and they quoted me the price for the dash kit & wiring harness just like he did. But they said I need the bose wiring harness adapter as well. So I believe that these are the three necessary pieces need for the install.

Originally posted by suse
I'm also in the same posistion as u sobceo?? Let me know if you get anymore info on this install.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:08 PM
DaTaSPiKe

Originally posted by sobceo
Actually I just called a shop around here and they quoted me the price for the dash kit & wiring harness just like he did. But they said I need the bose wiring harness adapter as well. So I believe that these are the three necessary pieces need for the install.
As far as I know, you will need to disconnect the stock Bose amp, and discontinue use of it, but I am not sure on that, as I only had a Base model Z. May want to check some of the other members who had the Bose system and upgraded to this deck.

I'll post up some pictures ASAP.

Chris
Old 10-20-2004, 07:32 PM
sobceo

Thanks. Hopefully someone else who has a bose system while chime in on this issue.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:05 PM
RANDY350Z

I am looking to get the Eclipse AVN unit installed in my QX4. I am going to have Audio Connection do it ( they are in Towson, ask for Denny) You will need a Soundgate adapter for the Bose system.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:17 PM
HaNkYs_Z

dang! 200 to install this unit is TOO MUCH. I paid 50 bucks including the metra kit and wire harness here in Dallas.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:49 PM
DaTaSPiKe

Here's the pictures I promised...

Like I said the wiring harness is the hardest part. Hopefully you'll be able to make out the pictures. Please let me know if you need anything else, and I still have a wiring harness and BOTH a Single and Double DIN Metra kit for sale.

Chris

Old 10-21-2004, 05:50 PM
DaTaSPiKe

Old 10-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Z'd Up

DaTaSpike

good pics - I wished I could have seen your pics before I did my wiring. It would have saved me some time.
Nevertheless, it's good to see you did the same...
Only difference, I am using a DSP unit and using a 4 channel amp to power speakers and for the green wire (for parking brake0 and ground (blk) wire on HU Wire harness #2 I connected seperately.
Going back - I would have done what you did...
Old 10-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Z'd Up

for those looking to pay - you may want to try it yourself.
The pics above show how to wire with the 350Z wire harness (got mine for $20 at a local car install shop). Kenwood's instruction is pretty good too.

The hardest part of the install, was to take out the original head unit, disconnecting the white box below the HU, and not scratching anything since I have a stock NAV screen.

also dont forget to roll window down a bit before disconnecting the ground wire from battery.....

good luck
Old 10-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Z'd Up

also don't be a numb skull like me and forget to eject your CDs from the stock HU before disconnecting it..... LOL
Old 10-24-2004, 11:19 AM
DaTaSPiKe

Thanks for the comments guys...

I can take more pictures if needed, just let me know.

Also, I really, really, did I mention really recommend buying the proper wire harness. There are two out there that make this install so much easier.

The Metra Wire Harness and the American Internation Wire Harness

Here is a link for the Metra:
Circut City

Here is a link for the American International:
Buy.com

You can find both on eBay which I really recommend you doing.

I ended up using the American International harness versus the Metra one, because the AI came with wiring instructions as what was what. I will try and find an electronic version of those instructions or just take a picture.

As always, I'll try and help out however I can, so feel free to PM me or whatever, I am on all 3 larger boards, Here, Motoring, and Tech using the same screen name.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Mischa

Hi Guys,

I hope someone in this thread can help me out.....
I want to install the 7015 (or 7025, how it's called over here in Germany), too. The only problem ist i've got the BOSE sound system in my Z, and want to keep it. I think, as far as I read in differrent threads and forums, i will need a special wiring harness to connecet the Kenwood to the stock BOSE system.

Does anyone of you know where i can get this? I couldn't find this in Germany yet. Even had to order the Metra fitting kit through Switzerland....

Would be nice if so could tell me a dealer who ships to Germany.

Thanks for your help, and sorry 'bout my bad english.....

cu,

Mike.

Quick Reply: Kenwood 7015 Install Price?? MD?