Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose amp fries Kenwood DDX7015?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 12:16 PM
The Liu Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose amp fries Kenwood DDX7015?

Hey guys, I recently purchased a Kenwood DDX7015 and Navi combo. I'm going to attempt to install this by myself.

I have a Bose system without Navigation in my '04 Roadster Touring.

Is it safe to just install the HU and use the wiring harnesses, etc and that is it? I am not ready to upgrade the speakers just yet.

I've heard from some sources that since the Bose system's speakers are 2OHMs, it will try to draw twice as much power as a 4OHM speaker.

Now here's my question -- if I just connect the HU to the harness of the car, will this fry my head unit over time? Since the HU already has a 50x4 peak watt amp built in, and then it will be connected to the Bose amp, and THEN to the speakers... will this be okay?

Or do I need something extra? Thanks a lot!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:38 PM
gundam02

Default 7015 issues

I just installed my 7015 and had to replace it the day after it was installed. I talked to the guy where I bought and he told me a few things.

The info is in this thread.....
http://**********.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2995

sorry it's at another forum, but I am lazy and don't want to repost.

As far as the stock amp, I'm not sure if you can splice into the bose speaker wires in the harness on the back, I've heard that you need a converter of some type to pull it off, but that I am uncertain on.

Burning it up.... not sure on that one. I guess it is possible to pull too much from the headunit putting too much stress on the internal amp causing it to burn up. I'll look into it and if I find anything I will let you know.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:49 AM
sobceo

Default Re: Bose amp fries Kenwood DDX7015?

You need the universal Bose adapeter.. It allows you to turn up or down the volume or wattage coming from the radio or the amp. I have mine installed and it works perfectly with the Bose. Sounds way better than the stock Bose unit.

Originally posted by The Liu Man
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Kenwood DDX7015 and Navi combo. I'm going to attempt to install this by myself.

I have a Bose system without Navigation in my '04 Roadster Touring.

Is it safe to just install the HU and use the wiring harnesses, etc and that is it? I am not ready to upgrade the speakers just yet.

I've heard from some sources that since the Bose system's speakers are 2OHMs, it will try to draw twice as much power as a 4OHM speaker.

Now here's my question -- if I just connect the HU to the harness of the car, will this fry my head unit over time? Since the HU already has a 50x4 peak watt amp built in, and then it will be connected to the Bose amp, and THEN to the speakers... will this be okay?

Or do I need something extra? Thanks a lot!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:02 AM
3fiddy_04

wherecan i get that bose universal adaptor? i have a G if that matters and sjutgot the 7015 todai....thx
Old 12-02-2004, 06:42 AM
newbie35

Default Same Boat

Hello,

I just read your post. I am in the same boat as I am trying to install an AVIC N1 but would like to keep the speakers and amp stock. I have been told that you have to bypass the Bose amp no matter what and use the HU to power the speakers. There is a slight possibility the speakers need to be replaced but should be ok. Have you decided what you were going to do?

I have a G also.

Originally posted by 3fiddy_04
wherecan i get that bose universal adaptor? i have a G if that matters and sjutgot the 7015 todai....thx