Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

People with aftermarket alarm systems, need advice/help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 07:42 PM
xxlbeerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with aftermarket alarm systems, need advice/help!!

When you had your alarm installed, where did they mount your siren?

I got a Clifford alarm today and they mounted the siren behind the engine. It's kinda crooked, partially on the raised part partially on the lower part of the VIN area with some loose wire, and covers up part of the VIN stamped on the frame!

I thought they would mount it in the front of the car. In that area it's really hot and looks like crap.

What should I do? I'm going to complain, but even if I remove it that area is still all scratched up and has 3 holes in it (including some in the VIN #)!

Besides being ugly and out of place, should they even be covering the VIN up?

I would like to also add, they have my TPS off and gas tank open reversed, they mounted the antenna face down so I can see the two prongs on my windshield, made one scratch on the dash, and have the glass tampering mic just kinda sitting out on the dash not attached.

What should I do? I still need to go back and have a backup battery installed. Tell them to fix it or what? Is it even legal for them to drill into and cover the VIN?

This is my first real mod, still have dealer plates on car, and I feel it's already a disaster!

Anyway my main concern is the VIN# being messed up, how concerned should I be with this, do I need to sue them?

Last edited by xxlbeerZ; 11-11-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:38 PM
xxlbeerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UGH!

I just nocticed when I have the alarm off the door is stuck open and doesn't clamp when I shut it!

I'm so pissed I can't even see straight!

I'm now afraid to let them touch my car anymore. Should I go there, try to get a refund and have it fixed somehwere else? Or call an attorney?