Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

My install by THE Chad West!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 08:37 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by amsweigart@hotm
Hey buzz I am going to get the 10W7 and 500/1 amp as well. I bet it sounds amazing. I read your custom box extends down to the tire well? How does that work? Can I get a pick of it please? Just curious.
I forgot to take a pic for you, but, I found this one Chad had taken during the build process. I'll try to take a better one.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:27 PM
NYC_G35C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you could find out what paint exactly was used on the center console that would be awesome... i'm planning on doing some work on the interior of my G and this color looks very "metallic".
Old 02-06-2006, 10:34 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn...I have to pickup some How-To books on body work/paint so that I can customize my interior..Whats great about your build is that all items were well prep'd before given to the painter! That always works best to allow the painter to do what he does best, paint! Congrats..
Old 02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Encore

I almost forgot how good your install looks. My favorite is still the crossovers. They have to be seen in person to see the lack of gap around them. You'd have to KY a proton to fit it through there. I bought a new amp to put on my center channel. Next time we go on a road trip together H&K will be freaking you out even more. Hope you get over your Jose weekend.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:40 PM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by ecorona6
Damn...I have to pickup some How-To books on body work/paint so that I can customize my interior..Whats great about your build is that all items were well prep'd before given to the painter! That always works best to allow the painter to do what he does best, paint! Congrats..
My installer God posted below you. Don't give him too many compliments, it will go to his head.

Originally Posted by Encore
I almost forgot how good your install looks. My favorite is still the crossovers. They have to be seen in person to see the lack of gap around them. You'd have to KY a proton to fit it through there. I bought a new amp to put on my center channel. Next time we go on a road trip together H&K will be freaking you out even more. Hope you get over your Jose weekend.
Yeah, it's annoying sometimes because the crossovers being behind the seat get overlooked sometimes. They should be out in the open. You should have told me about the amp when I came by today, I need to hear it.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:07 PM
GQ 350z

One of my favorite interiors, thats for sure.

Ravi
Old 02-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Encore

Originally Posted by NYC_G35C
if you could find out what paint exactly was used on the center console that would be awesome... i'm planning on doing some work on the interior of my G and this color looks very "metallic".
The brand of paint is Auto Air. The color is course aluminum. I PM you, but I thought somebody else might like to know. Its a very close match to the multiple colors of aluminum used in the car.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:00 AM
buzzardmountain

The brand of paint is Auto Air. The color is course aluminum. I PM you, but I thought somebody else might like to know. Its a very close match to the multiple colors of aluminum used in the car.
Thanks for answering the ?'s.

"You wanna race?"
Old 02-08-2006, 05:06 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
One of my favorite interiors, thats for sure.

Ravi
Thanks, Ravi.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:23 AM
dual5

Originally Posted by 2slow4me1990
your install is awesome man. congrats.

on another note: the new ipod video is awesome. i have one, and i love it. but it wont fit in the custom built ipod holder. it is too wide. it looks like your 2nd generation ipod is pretty snug in there. just trying to save you some money
The video is the same size as the previous gen width to height. The only difference would be that its thinner than the previous generations. A black video ipod would look sick in there, not to mention the low res vids it plays wouldn't look so bad on your screen there!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:19 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great makes me want to glass a center console and play wtih it, i would have glassed in a screen and a center channel though, but i LOVE that smooth look

only thing i say is, i never liked the boston Zs, way to harsh for my taste, and i think a bit over priced,but hey, if you like it, thats all it matters

overall, top notch work...that pic you showed wtih the card board mock up of hte sub looks just like my install progress lol

congrats!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:27 PM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by dual5
The video is the same size as the previous gen width to height. The only difference would be that its thinner than the previous generations. A black video ipod would look sick in there, not to mention the low res vids it plays wouldn't look so bad on your screen there!
Thanks, I thought it was about the same overall size. I think I'm gonna wait and see what Apple has in store for the 6th gen ipod.

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
looks great makes me want to glass a center console and play wtih it, i would have glassed in a screen and a center channel though, but i LOVE that smooth look

only thing i say is, i never liked the boston Zs, way to harsh for my taste, and i think a bit over priced,but hey, if you like it, thats all it matters

overall, top notch work...that pic you showed wtih the card board mock up of hte sub looks just like my install progress lol

congrats!
I knew I didn't want 5.1 so no need for the center channel. Chad had some flexibility in the design we talked about, except for the ipod mount. I wanted it where it is and he made it happen. It just so happens that's the first thing everybody comments on.

The last thing I would say is that they are "harsh" but I'm no "audiophile". I've listened to alot of different brands, sometimes it's hard here in small town usa to listen to the things like CDT, etc... Not to mention I got the Z6's for about $615.00 shipped.

Not to mention they handle all that power like a champ.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Encore

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
I knew I didn't want 5.1 so no need for the center channel.
Whatever. You knew if you had 5.1 you'd be scared to drive, and listen to surround at the same time. Were all friends here, no need to lie Trent.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:37 AM
buzzardmountain

Whatever. You knew if you had 5.1 you'd be scared to drive, and listen to surround at the same time. Were all friends here, no need to lie Trent.
Why do I need 5.1 when you've got it?

You're my chauffer!(sp?)
Old 02-21-2006, 03:21 PM
abstrakt

Wow, your center console is SICK...very well done
Old 02-22-2006, 11:43 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by abstrakt
Wow, your center console is SICK...very well done
Thanks, that's what most people comment on first.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:52 AM
bbhiznors

can u please repost pics of ur center console cant see them for some reason thanks
Old 02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by bbhiznors
can u please repost pics of ur center console cant see them for some reason thanks
They are still up on the 1st page????

Here's the center console again. I need to get some more pics. Anybody else not seeing the pics???

Old 02-22-2006, 12:41 PM
bbhiznors

im at work so it may just be my work computer who knows
Old 02-22-2006, 03:39 PM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by bbhiznors
im at work so it may just be my work computer who knows
It's probably blocking them, pics are there.

Quick Reply: My install by THE Chad West!