Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Show me your screens!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:54 AM
evobunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show me your screens!!!!

Im thinking of adding some more screen for next car show season. I was wondering what everyone out there have done. Please post some pics of your work or other people work you like.

Also I have seen someone put some small screen in the back glass between the b and c pillar. Any one have info on that. maybe screen size.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:33 AM
modified350z
Banned

Here is a few but to see all the mods click below, you can see the nitrous installs, amp racks, rims, etcShow me your screens!!!!-parking-lot-032.jpg

Show me your screens!!!!-s6300071.jpg

Show me your screens!!!!-s6300078.jpg

Show me your screens!!!!-s6300070.jpg
Old 10-26-2007, 01:52 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by modified350z
Here is a few but to see all the mods click below, you can see the nitrous installs, amp racks, rims, etcAttachment 166100

Attachment 166101

Attachment 166102

Attachment 166103
ooo thats money not spend very wisely in my opinion
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 AM
rxkevin

Sorry but that is reason I hate current car shows. I don't see what function that could possibly serve.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:54 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rxkevin
Sorry but that is reason I hate current car shows. I don't see what function that could possibly serve.
+1

Why do that?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:28 AM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the factory nav and an alpine IVA-W200, I'll get a pic for ya later on.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:25 AM
HIGHTECHZ

Oh you are right it doesn't serve ANY practical purpose.

It does show off quite well and is extra flashing lights for car shows. But IMO anyone who puts that crap in and doesn't actively take it to shows is just retarded. If it is a show car then so be it, who am I to judge the show circuit scene. But otherwise...yeah........
Old 10-26-2007, 08:31 AM
HIGHTECHZ

Oh and another thing for Modified350z, according to your webpage, with all the performance upgrades (including the phantom turbos), wheels and body mods, it looks like you spent a ton on that car.

This is completely constructive by the way. But why did you ghetto mount that screen in the cubby? Albeit it fits surprisingly good, but you could have bought a new center dash for a couple hundred and molded one or more screens into it, or one big *** screen. Then painted the whole thing red to match the other interior pieces with the spray can charm.

It just seams that everytime i open a new thread in audio/video, I see the same post by you showing off your screens and interior. I'm not hatin' but whats up with that?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 AM
HIGHTECHZ

I mean really, the radio trim ring painted red? Come on.....
Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Old 10-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are you talking about? those screens are for the people in the backseats of our 350z.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:18 PM
hbenet

/////Alpine
■ IVAW-205
■ TMEM-770s
Connected to
■ NVEN-872A
■ SIRALP-10T
■ PXA-H701
■ DHA-S680
Attached Thumbnails Show me your screens!!!!-95.jpg  
Old 10-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGHTECHZ
… But why did you ghetto mount that screen in the cubby? Albeit it fits surprisingly good, but you could have bought a new center dash for a couple hundred and molded one or more screens into it, or one big *** screen. Then painted the whole thing red to match the other interior pieces with the spray can charm. …
I was wondering the same thing. His screen in the upper/forward cubby should be the show-piece with all the other screens, but doesn’t have a good finisher-bezel much less a nice custom fabrication. The fitment looks bad (kind of a “pig boat” look).

It’s pretty easy to create a custom mount, or even do this with just stock parts for a better looking LCD installation:

--Spike
Old 10-27-2007, 02:36 AM
modified350z
Banned

Oh and another thing for Modified350z, according to your webpage, with all the performance upgrades (including the phantom turbos), wheels and body mods, it looks like you spent a ton on that car.

This is completely constructive by the way. But why did you ghetto mount that screen in the cubby? Albeit it fits surprisingly good, but you could have bought a new center dash for a couple hundred and molded one or more screens into it, or one big *** screen. Then painted the whole thing red to match the other interior pieces with the spray can charm.

It just seams that everytime i open a new thread in audio/video, I see the same post by you showing off your screens and interior. I'm not hatin' but whats up with that?
Turbo's when you are in a circuit for points you do give true specifics or pics of the thing that give you the most(check out Street Wars Louisville, KY) you will find me. And 90% of time that car is in a show, and the screen is not ghetto, it is made to swivel in that spot and come out and flip which ever way you need be, due to all the bright lights at shows. YOu see my wheels, you see the body and everything else? But I still get questioned. If you checked out my site you would see from my sponsor links and The spread in the New York times, that this is no tinker toy. Thanks for your concern for my piece of crap car(ghetto)
Old 10-27-2007, 03:03 AM
StreetOC192

The spread in the New York times
Well it's not like the NY Times did an actual STORY on your car. It's their gallery site where you post pics and description of your own car!!!

And I know you say in the description of your car that you use parts from 3 different Veilside kits, but isn't that rear an Extreme Dimensions rear lip?
http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan...r00073329.html

And that front doesn't look like any I've see from Veilside.

Sorry to pull away from the topic of the OP.

Last edited by StreetOC192; 10-27-2007 at 03:07 AM.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:30 AM
dozzer1b

Here is a few but to see all the mods click below, you can see the nitrous installs, amp racks, rims, etcAttachment 166100

Attachment 166101

Attachment 166102

Attachment 166103

what kind of honda did you own before you made the purchase of your Z?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:38 AM
HIGHTECHZ

Default This thread is officially hi-jacked

Turbo's when you are in a circuit for points you do give true specifics or pics of the thing that give you the most(check out Street Wars Louisville, KY) you will find me. And 90% of time that car is in a show, and the screen is not ghetto, it is made to swivel in that spot and come out and flip which ever way you need be, due to all the bright lights at shows. YOu see my wheels, you see the body and everything else? But I still get questioned. If you checked out my site you would see from my sponsor links and The spread in the New York times, that this is no tinker toy. Thanks for your concern for my piece of crap car(ghetto)
First I read the description of your car and also looked at the pics on your site. The text says you have twin turbos, but I didn't see twin turbos in the pics of the engine compartment. You might want to clarify that somehow. If I am mistaken, please post the pic that I overlooked and prove me wrong.

Second, I was defending you earlier about the show circuit thing. I know you get extra points for the screens, and was merely explaining to the many people who really don't know about how shows work, and who just think adding screens to the headrests in a Z is like putting a window in front of a brick wall (i.e. serves apsolutely no purpose but on paper).

Next, the screen. Now we can get back to audio video (at least for a sec). Please (and this is sincere) post the pics of your screen that does all that fancy moving and shaking. Share your invention with others who are all interested in putting new and cool gadgets in thier car. Your monitor placement is the first I have ever seen in a Z and I have seen lots. I assumed it was because it was "ghetto" and that no one would ever do something like that. However if it does the things you say, I would be terribly interested to see pics demonstrating it.

Lastly, I like many of the things you have done to your car, not all but many. But when you post info/pics in this forum you can expect people to ACTUALLY read/look at what you post. And I can tell you there isn't really anything you can get past the people of this forum. It is one of the largest specific model car forums I have ever encountered and just about every major player in the Z biz is on it pretty habitually. So even though you have wheels made by foose himself (honestly that would probably cost somewhere way north of $10k and I think that is modest), and you have an interesting combination of body kit parts (although some are of questionable origination), and you have the ever popular greddy twins (which I nor others have been able to identify in the plethora of pics you posted), and tons of red interior trim pieces, and a bunch of "for show only" monitors, you are still going to get questioned and verified and vetted by everyone in the know who cares about potential posers posting on this forum.

And please, look around a bit. You are not the only show car in here. Hell I just saw leemik's ride in two major magazines (kick *** by the way although one of the mags ripped off my login name). But you should probably bring the ego down just a notch when you step inside this forum. Ok? We all want to see cool z pics and ideas, but nobody likes a show-off, especially one who potentially (I said potentially not actually) overstates their goods.

Again, I really am not hatin' here. But posts get responses.

Last edited by HIGHTECHZ; 10-27-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:42 AM
HIGHTECHZ

Default back to audio/video

The reason I opened the thread in the first place!

This is how I mounted my screen.

Show me your screens!!!!-indash.jpg
Old 10-27-2007, 08:01 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

The reason I opened the thread in the first place!

This is how I mounted my screen.

Attachment 166180
That's some clean work. (with the exception of the dust)
Old 10-27-2007, 08:10 AM
VenomZ

molded mine where the cubby used to be- lilliput 7.2 in touch screen monitor.
Attached Thumbnails Show me your screens!!!!-photo3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Show me your screens!!!!