Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

latest simple 350Z stealth install for ya

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:40 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for specs on the sub, go to www.imagedynamicsusa.com click on tech sheets, and click on ID10, it will bring up the info.

for the box, i honestly cnat remember as i make so many boxes over time it gets jumbled, hehe but i do know its about 1.5 cubic feet total

i also do know its about 6.25" tall so it sits even with the floor

b
Old 01-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

airman basinger: i love this guys work dude
airman basinger: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329194
airman basinger: its so ****ing clean
GeniusLo: wow
GeniusLo: it is
GeniusLo: everything's stealth
Conversation I just had with BB1314
Old 01-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Bing, Thanks for the additional pics showing different ways to wrap the kicks (Post #15 on this thread).

Actually, I think the suede wrapped kicks (3rd and 4th pics in Post #1) look best. From the driver or passenger viewing angle, suede matches the carpeting (if the colors are nearly the same) and is more esthetically pleasing (at least that is what I see from the pics).

As to the vinyl wraps on the kicks (Post #15), I prefer the plain and smooth vs. the textured. But, I suspect the textured vinyl does a better job hiding scrapes when shoes hit these surfaces.

So… my vote is the suede. Although, I’m not sure how the suede would hold up in Frostbite Falls where there is tons of salt dropped on the roadways that finds its way into a car’s interior and onto susceptible surfaces.

--Spike
Old 01-18-2008, 04:24 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Originally Posted by Spike100
Bing, Thanks for the additional pics showing different ways to wrap the kicks (Post #15 on this thread).

Actually, I think the suede wrapped kicks (3rd and 4th pics in Post #1) look best. From the driver or passenger viewing angle, suede matches the carpeting (if the colors are nearly the same) and is more esthetically pleasing (at least that is what I see from the pics).

As to the vinyl wraps on the kicks (Post #15), I prefer the plain and smooth vs. the textured. But, I suspect the textured vinyl does a better job hiding scrapes when shoes hit these surfaces.

So… my vote is the suede. Although, I’m not sure how the suede would hold up in Frostbite Falls where there is tons of salt dropped on the roadways that finds its way into a car’s interior and onto susceptible surfaces.

--Spike

acutally, the rason those two vinyls were used was both to match the rest of hte install

the CF vinlyed (not textured, just patterns acutally any imperfection would stnad out MORE cuase its shinier ) kicks, the trunk:

and theone with the black vinly's trunk:

i still prefer the black suede as well for the daily driver, beucase its less obvious and more durable...even though suede is a MUCH tougher material to wrap curves in than vinyl lol, each time i about to tear the material apart wrapping the kicks, and one time my slipped when i was pulling hard and punched myself in the face lol
Old 01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
and one time my slipped when i was pulling hard and punched myself in the face lol
So I'm not the only one......

Bing, great job. I love seeing your work. You are one of the few installers in the world who take great pride in his work.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

^^ And not to mention scraped knuckles and abraded fingertips. Ouch!!

The confined space of a car’s interior (along with installing sophisticated equipment that just barely fits) and the proprietary panel-attachment-configuration (unique to different cars) makes the job only more difficult. CES installers must certainly envy the easier installation that home-theater installers enjoy.

Notice that on a couple of other current threads here right now, owners/self-installers attempt to do installations with minimal disassembly. Of course that is foolish and happens because they are unsure about removing panels and other pieces. A successful and sophisticated installation requires disassembly, re-assembly, and a good understanding of the car‘s electronics. I guess if you are not capable of doing this (and that applies to many of us), you need a pro. That doesn’t mean an amateur shouldn’t attempt an installation, but doing this requires a great deal of research.

--Spike
Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the "stealth" install you did on the Z...People that are considering Upgraded sound should follow your model...Nice Work!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:17 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Thanks man. Is the sub enclosure rectangular in shape? How did you deal w/ that spare tire mount? I'm guessing the enclosure is made from MDF? TIA
Old 07-13-2008, 09:48 AM
J rad

dang, looks good
Old 03-18-2009, 08:26 PM
XERMAN2001

good job

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
I love the "stealth" install you did on the Z...People that are considering Upgraded sound should follow your model...Nice Work!
I AM!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:43 PM
adamtaylorpcb

way to res a dead thread
Old 03-20-2009, 12:51 PM
XERMAN2001

Originally Posted by adamtaylorpcb
way to res a dead thread
its not dead it was sleeping lol

its a good job, it was worth it