Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

My Audio Build :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Perfect, cheers mate. I'm relatively new to the install side of the game so I'm still learning all the tricks to deal with the less than perfect audio environment in a Car.
hey there, thanx for the compliments and i guess USN HM 350Z helped you out in explaining the foam i used on my strut panels and other interior panels (panels behind the seats).

Another panel that u shud look out for that rattle is the middle top rear break light cover. That rattles like hell n im still trying to get rid of it. Did some improvement to it but still rattles a bit. Im still nt satisfied with it so still experimenting sum stuff on it.

Cheers,
D
Old 09-18-2008, 06:55 PM
BabyZiLLa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9292
hey there, thanx for the compliments and i guess USN HM 350Z helped you out in explaining the foam i used on my strut panels and other interior panels (panels behind the seats).

Another panel that u shud look out for that rattle is the middle top rear break light cover. That rattles like hell n im still trying to get rid of it. Did some improvement to it but still rattles a bit. Im still nt satisfied with it so still experimenting sum stuff on it.

Cheers,
D
I've noticed mine rattles there also. Thats another area i have to attack.. My car will be hibernating again pretty soon so the plan is to rip it all apart again and attack the problem areas.

Keep me posted on any rattles you fix.. Cause i can guarntee i have the same one, I have so many..
Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 PM

Gud luck with the project, will update u on my progress.

Cheers,
D
Old 09-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 9292
Pods painted and installed

rear view of the pods

Here where i mounted my tweeter. Didnt take pics during the making tho. Tweeters are placed symmetrically on both sides to get more front stage sound.

Overall look
Thanks for posting your build. It’s very interesting, and IMO just great.

I am very impressed with your placement of midrange and tweeter components since your choices will provide superior sound in the Z.

I really like the fact that you think “outside-the-box.” Your door-pods are a good example. While everyone wants door pods that are mostly an extension of the Z’s tight door space (to allow fitting a better speaker that projects better sound); your door-pods combine the best features of kicks (better angle), and door-pods (easier installation that preserves the dead-pedal and floor-space for human feet). Your solution encompasses the best of both worlds (function and features).

The tweeter installation is very good since it is directional without the “blasting” that happens with the stock sail-panel installation. Your solution also provides space for a decently sized tweeter.

The rest of your build is great as well, but I'm limiting my comments to what interests me the most.

--Spike
Old 09-19-2008, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Spike100
Thanks for posting your build. It’s very interesting, and IMO just great.

I am very impressed with your placement of midrange and tweeter components since your choices will provide superior sound in the Z.

I really like the fact that you think “outside-the-box.” Your door-pods are a good example. While everyone wants door pods that are mostly an extension of the Z’s tight door space (to allow fitting a better speaker that projects better sound); your door-pods combine the best features of kicks (better angle), and door-pods (easier installation that preserves the dead-pedal and floor-space for human feet). Your solution encompasses the best of both worlds (function and features).

The tweeter installation is very good since it is directional without the “blasting” that happens with the stock sail-panel installation. Your solution also provides space for a decently sized tweeter.

The rest of your build is great as well, but I'm limiting my comments to what interests me the most.

--Spike
wow nw dats a welcoming reply and comment. Thanx for taking the time to do dat man. Yeah some likes my designs and some dont. To each of their own taste but im satisfied with my current system. However i need to upgrade my rear surround sound. The stock position using my aftermarket speakers are blocked by the headrest so we're still lookin for a good spot to relocate or mayb add another set of components at the back in order to improve he rear surround sound effect.

Cheers,
D
Old 09-19-2008, 07:15 PM
q8z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice
Old 09-24-2008, 10:28 PM

Thanx mate