Nuked's Audio Build - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Old 03-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Nuked

Default Nuked's Audio Build

Well figured I would post up a thread on my recent audio redo in the Z. Bought the car last fall and it came with a carpc setup. I wanted something simpler so I went ahead and replaced the entire audio setup. Started by stripping the interior and applying Hushmat to the floors, and trunk. Ran out so will be getting some more to do the roof and doors.

Went with a Kenwood DNX9900HD for the headunit. Also added a Kenwood 7" screen up top where the cubby was. Not sure what I will use this for, but needed something to take the place of my old 2nd carpc screen.

Kenwood XR-5s amp to power the front stage and two 10" Polk Dxi subs. Subs are in a zenclosure "under strut bar" box. Mounted the amp, cap and Kenwood brain for the screen behind the drivers seat in the old sub compartment. Up front we installed a set of 3 way Focal components. Put the midbass in the door with MDF spacers and some trimming of the door panel. Glassed some kick pods to house the 4" mid and tweeter.

I will upload some pics and post. Still finishing up the install, but 85% is complete. We did a small test lastnight and everything sounds excellent. We did install a set of Eclipse 6.5" mids in the rear, but they just muddied up the sound and are way too loud. Unhooked them for now and will remove permantly before completion.

SQ
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
Collin Lacy

Haha, I was so disappointed I missed out on the PC you were selling. Good luck with the new system man, can't wait to see what you do.
Collin Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
Nuked

Here are some pics of the install. Need to get some better ones now that it is almost complete. Just have to sound deaden the doors and roof, and it will be done.

Last edited by Nuked; 03-19-2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
DarkCreep

The sub set up looks great! Can you still take out the spare tire with that box?
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
Nuked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post
The sub set up looks great! Can you still take out the spare tire with that box?
I doubt you could easily. Box is easy to remove though, so probably just remove it as well. The box itself is very light, so as long as you don't have so HUGE heavy magnet subs loaded in it, should be fine lol.