Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Sydney/NSW Z meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 04:38 AM
apsilon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Sydney/NSW Z meet

MR RIZK and I have been briefly discussing a gathering of NSW (other states are of course welcome if they'd like to make the trip)Z owners.

I thought I'd start a thread to gauge interest and gather suggestions for meeting places, what to do, timeframes etc.

So, who's interested?
Old 05-12-2003, 02:05 PM
harryw

Default meeting

I would be interested when I finally get my Z.

H
Old 05-12-2003, 02:43 PM
nsw350z

Count me in..........but my Z doesn't arrive until July
Old 05-12-2003, 03:07 PM
apsilon

I for one am hoping this won't be a one off event. If you don't have your Z yet please post your interest and ideas anyway along with when you're expecting delivery.

I for one can't do anything for the next couple of weeks anyway so at this stage we're just looking at interest levels and ideas.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:19 PM
harryw

Default Meeting

Sorry I didn't mention it this time, but I have many times before.

I am getting my Z in June (not sure yet if it's the 1st or 30th though).

I live in Newcastle and I ride an R1 so I know the "old road" quite well and a "blatt" along there in a Z would probably be good fun. There is also a coffee shop along the way to stop and admire!

I'ts also a good ride (drive) out to Wisemans ferry.

as always

H
Old 05-12-2003, 10:30 PM
nsw350z

There is a great pie shop at Cowan (north of Sydney) called Pie in the Sky that would be a great stopping point. Sure would freak the local bike crowd
Old 05-12-2003, 10:45 PM
apsilon

heheh, I ran up the old road last Sat. It is a good run and Pie in the Sky would be a nice place to take a break. Don't think the bike riders would mind too much, I'm sure we wouldn't be the first, I was going to say car club but officially we're not, to stop in there.

A ferry run might be good also but I haven't done it for years and from what I remember the approach is fairly steep. I was surprised last week wen I scraped the Track lip on my Z (no visible damage) coming out of a driveway. My lowered MX-5 had no problem with the same driveway.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:57 PM
fatmanoz

I'm interested, but alas I need to wait until next month.

The coast road from Sydney to Wollongong is good for a drive. You go through The Royal National Park and come out at Stanwell Park where the hang gliders are. On the way back you can come back along the Princes Highway or through Appin if you live out west.

Good idea
Old 05-15-2003, 04:10 PM
nismor33

Sorry for the delay, been on the road for work !

Count me in for sure !!!
Old 05-19-2003, 12:09 AM
dixonbn

I'd be interested - should have my car by June.

B.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:16 AM
apsilon

Just when I thought we'd heard from everyone

By looking at it we'll have members with a couple of more cars in June. Is the June long weekend going to be too soon for a meet?
Old 05-19-2003, 05:02 AM
nismor33

Why dont we aim for the week after?

People I assume will have long weekend plans. By then I can have more bolt ons to the car too
Old 05-19-2003, 03:30 PM
dixonbn

Later in the month would be better for me, but will try and work in with whatever you agree.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:44 PM
apsilon

I'm easy, I rarely plan very far ahead. OK so late June or early July for the first meet.

We're all actually in Sydney ATM aren't we? Would we prefer to go North or South for our first drive? Just thinking of some other ideas on where to go.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:49 PM
dixonbn

Have only just moved from interstate so don't mind - will wait to hear what you all decide.
Old 05-20-2003, 02:11 AM
nsw350z

Early July (after the 7th) would be good for me as I am in Italy during June and I'm not sure when my car will be ready when I get back.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:35 AM
apsilon

This certainly isn't what I had in mind as I only found out about it today but...

I've been invited to Wakefield on June 1st by the Nissan Sports Car Club. I'm not a member and have never been to one of their days before but I've been asked to invite all Z owners along.

I'm a bit light on details ATM but I believe the plans call for a BBQ on the day with a backdrop of motorsport. The following classes will apparently be racing on the day:

Nations Cup
GT Performance
GT Production
Mirage Cup
Formula 3
V8 Brutes

The club will have a sectioned off area for parking and cost is about $25 (TBC).

I don't intend for this to replace our own meet but thought a few of you may be interested. If you are let me know and I'll get back to you once I've confirmed the details for the day.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:02 PM
dixonbn

Unfortunately can't make it that date, but would be interested in that sort of thing in the future.

B.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:12 AM
apsilon

More details for those interested.

Entry is apparently $25 per person however the club believes non members travelling with the club will be able to get in for $25 per car (ie passenger free) plus $5 for the BBQ for non members so $30 total. However please note that we won't know until we're at the gate that non members will get the 2 for one deal so be prepared just in case.

The club will meet at Goulburn Maccas by 8.30am so they can travel to the track as a group and be in place for the first race at 9.30. Procar has organised the parking for the club so cars will be safe etc.

I didn't mention it earlier as I needed to confirm I had the right calendar but Nathan will be racing on the day and it'd be great to be able to get out there and show some support.

If you desire you'll be able to join the club on the day for $25 joining fee and $30 membership through to the end of the year. If you join on the day the BBQ is free.

I have no affiliation with the club and don't know what they're like so I can't say if it's worth joining or not. However I know they have a tech night at the DBA factory on June 10 and a dyno day at CRD on July 6. They'll also be doing a similar deal for the Oran Park GTP round in July. This is in addition to their regular meets etc so gives you an idea about what the clubs activities etc are.

I need to get back to them as early as possible next week with the number of cars interested to ensure the assigned parking area is large enough.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll pass them on if I can't answer them.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:48 PM
harryw

Hey Matt,

Thanks for taking the time to look after this for everyone.

I won't be able to make the day in June. Hopefully!!! I can make the one in July though.

Regards

H

Quick Reply: Sydney/NSW Z meet