Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Who wants to come to Sandonw?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 03:30 AM
DavidM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who wants to come to Sandonw?

Hey Guys,
I'm planning on going to Sandown in about 7 weeks or so. There are two pretty good sprint events coming up, and I'll probably go to both. Anyone else from here interested in taking their car to the track?

The dates are:
- 2nd May - Sandown (help by Alfa club)
- 13th June - Sandown (held by WRX club)
Old 03-12-2004, 08:56 PM
lionking

Keep me posted. I've been hangin to get back to the track - if I'm not workin'!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Flasher

What would you need to get on the track?
Old 03-15-2004, 09:45 PM
DavidM

What would you need to get on the track?

L2S CAMS license (ie. $90), helmet and extinguiser in the car (ie. within reach). Besides that a bonnet-strap (which can be anythingthat ties the bonnet down ie. piece of rope). Clothing which covers you nect to teo (ie. long pants and sleaves) and that is not flamable (ie. no nylon).

Last of all, some events may require previous track experience (ie. high perfromance driving course), but some others have 'training' groups into which they put all the 'novices' into. For instance the WRX-club has got such thing and provides training.

ps. There's also a Winton event on the 12th of May ... I may go into that one instead of the Alfa club Sandown event as Winton is a better environment to 'test' the car for the 1st time on the track. I'm still plannig to go to the WRX club Sandown day.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:51 AM
DavidM

The sprint date at Winton is actually on the the 9th of May (Sunday) and not 12th as mentioned previously. Looks like I'll be going to that one instead of the Alfa-club Sandown sprint ... it'll be a good place to eaze the car into the sprints and also will tell me more about the Zed's handling proves.

If anyone else is interested in coming then let me know and I'll find out if they cater for people who are new to this.

ps. I'm still going to the WRX-club Sandown day in June and they certainly have a 'training' session.

Last edited by DavidM; 03-23-2004 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:44 AM
DavidM

The sprint date at Winton is actually on the the 9th of May (Sunday)

I've found out that the Winton sprint day will cater for track novices and they will provide CAMS accredited instructors for all the people who are new to the track. That means that you just need your car to be 'ready', and you need an L2S CAMS license.

I'm going to this event so let me know if anyone else is interested.