Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Rules on cams in Street Prepared?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Resolute

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rules on cams in Street Prepared?

I have been tearing through the SoloII rulebook trying to get a handle on what mods I am allowed to run with. I don't plan on a lot of SoloII competitions, but Time Trials instead. It is my understanding they will use the same classes as SoloII, and Street Prepared seems to be a good fit. For those with experience in this, please tell me if cams are allowed or not. I read that I can swap in a lighter, smaller fuel cell and move it up to six inches in the chassis, intake and exhaust are free, port match and polish the heads, balance the entire recipricating assembly, and I can bore the motor .047 in over- but I didn't see that cams are allowed? This seems odd to me, am I mistaken?
Also, engine control can be replaced, so I can swap in a Motec and chuck the factory ECU, but it says I have to keep the wiring harness. Does this mean I have to use the factory harness, or just keep all the same sensors but am able to route the wires wherever I install the Motec ECU?
I cannot install a BBK, but can install Track model Brembo brakes and replace the rotors with slotted ones of the same size as long as they are one-piece and not using aluminum hats?
Finally, are side sills allowed or not? The rules talk about body kits being accomodated, and functional wings on the front and rear are allowed, but then it says no side sills?
I appreciate any clarification you guys can give me. I won't even perform half these mods, wheels, tires, suspension, and some bolt-ons is about it, but I am curious as to the possibility on some of these issues. If AEM comes out with a plug n play, I'll probably do it, but not if it will keep me from racing in the class, same thing with buying a body kit- I'll stop comsidering it if side sills are out. And I was all set to buy a Stoptech kit now that I have some 18"wheels, but looks like I have to find some Brembo's. Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions,
Will
Old 09-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Resolute

Default What about B Stock wheel rules?

I have a time trial competition coming up and am trying to get a feel of what is allowed and what is not. In B stock I have to use the stock wheel diameters, right? Well, I am in a base model, am I allowed to run the stock diameters of the wider track model wheels? If so, does this mean I can then run the 9 and 10 inch widths of the 06 track models cars? I will probably buy new rims and tires if I can run wider than my stock base wheels. If not, I am thinking about the ADVAN A048 tires, anyone try them for competition?
Any help or suggestions would be great.
Will
Old 09-16-2005, 11:49 AM
jun14scr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no cams in SP.

base model must run wheels with same diamaeter and width as stock base wheels.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:37 AM
Resolute

Thank you for the info, bummer on the tires- I was really hoping to step up in width.
Will
Old 09-17-2005, 09:30 AM
jun14scr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you don't have to run a stock size tire. you can run as wide as you want, as long as it fits on your stock width wheel.