Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Your 2006 Schedule?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 04:55 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your 2006 Schedule?

Happy New Years fellow RR/AX junkies! OK, with the advent of a new year, time to spill the beans on your planned 2006 schedule. My is pretty limited thus far, but will be expounded upon as time goes on...

2/11-2/12 VIR Full - TZC/THSCC
3/4-3/5 Summit - CarGuys (tentative - may be in CA on business, perhaps something at Laguna / Sears Point?)
4/8-4/9 VIR North - TZC/THSCC
4/21-4/23 Mid-Ohio - NASA (tentative based on past years experience w/ weather)
6/3-6/4 Summit - Ferrari Club
6/17-6/18 VIR Grand East - Mazda Drivers
7/3-7/3 Watkins Glen - CarGuys (tentative - may do VIR w/ Chin Motorsports)
7/29-7/30 VIR North - NASA
9/16-9/17 Mid-Ohio - NASA (pending released Nationals schedule)
10/14-10-15 VIR Full - CarGuys
11/11-11/12 Summit (either with CarGuys or NASA)
12/9-12/10 VIR Full - Chin Motorsports

In 2005, I tried three new tracks - Road Atlanta, Barber, and Nurburgring. In 2006 I'd like to add Road America, Mosport, and Mont Tremblant. Those tracks will likely be done under the stewardship of PCA or BWMCCA, but I am still researching their schedules (it's quite difficult with so many regions). Those of you who are intimate with other organizations' schedules at the three tracks I mentioned, please let me know of available events. If anybody knows of two events that are back-to-back at Mosport and Mt. Tremblant, please let me know as I'd like to make it a road trip.

Also plan on getting my SCCA Comp License in March once I find more info - hope to buy a ride in an enduro car at some point this season.

Last edited by John; 01-09-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1/28
2/18
3/18
auto x winter series
then?
who knows..
Old 01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
zillinois

I will likely track the 350 once or twice this year, but I'll be racing the Diasio in CenDiv so HPDE's will take a back seat for me. I invite anyone interested to come up to the June Sprints at Road America this year. I'll be racing in DSR class.

If timings right, John, I'd be willing to try mosport with you.

The Chicago crew and I will head out to Watkins Glen again this year. Some time in July again I think. Not sure whether I'll bring the D or the Z. Would love to crack the teens in a near stock Z!

I'm also looking for a Mid-Ohio event. Any suggestions? I'd like a multiple day event if possible. Some time around Aug-Sept?

I'd like to attend a track day sometime this year at Laguna. Any regulars want to share their car? I'd be willing to pay for wear & tear, reg fees, gas, etc.

Last edited by zillinois; 01-01-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Vamos_Rafael

hey... if u were to come to Bever Run and teach me how to drive properly (i suck bawls) i'd love to meet up to let u have runs in my car for lessons

hahahaha
Old 01-02-2006, 08:37 AM
uwaeve

John,

what car did you take on the Nurburgring?

Have you driven at any BMWCCA HPDEs? That's the only club I've driven with. How do the others (NASA/CarGuys) compare in terms of professionalism, safety, etc?

I plan to drive NHIS, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, and Tremblant this coming year if I can.

uwaeve
Old 01-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the BAB VII (Bimmer Across the Border) event at Mont-Tremblant last year.

Let me know John if you want to be there this year (I will), it will be in August and you must be part of the Boston or Quebec BMW Club to preregister. It’s a 3 day event, Friday to Sunday.

For this season, I plan on doing both TackQuest (Chin Motors sports) events at Mid-Ohio and VIR.

I haven’t decided on the NASA events I’ll attend to since I have to discuss it with my rally navigator. Mid-Ohio and Putnam Park a couple times for sure. At least, the Mid-Ohio event of April is at the end of the month and not the beginning!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:04 AM
uwaeve

Kolia maybe I'll see you at Tremblant this year. Got a late start with the Boston BMWCCA last year, I was signing up for NHIS and WG just as everyone was going up to BAB.

uwaeve
Old 01-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uwaeve
Kolia maybe I'll see you at Tremblant this year. Got a late start with the Boston BMWCCA last year, I was signing up for NHIS and WG just as everyone was going up to BAB.

uwaeve
Cool!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:32 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

My schedule is at...

http://www.sincity350z.com/calender.htm
Old 01-04-2006, 03:17 PM
commasense

So, John, 25 track days is "pretty limited"? Wow.

I've managed "only" 17 days a year since getting the Z three years ago. Unfortunately, work will probably keep me from getting that many this year.

I haven't signed up for anything yet, but I'd like to do VIR Full with NASA in February (sorry, the TZC/THSCC date won't work for me) and Mid-Ohio with NASA in April. I'll probably instruct as many FATTs as I can and run the occasional Seat Time at Summit, too.

As we head toward summer, I'll see if work will let me get to any other events.

The good news is that I will probably run the Streets of Willow, near L.A., with the Alfa club in March. I'm going out there for a conference, and a friend who just got himself a Z4 may run with me, which would be his first track event. If he doesn't let me drive the Z4, I'll try to rent something interesting, like a new Mustang.

BTW, John and others in the DC area, Summit Point will be having its FATT instructor training sessions on January 28 and February 25. E-mail Elizabeth Miller at fatt (at) porcupineracing.com. Instructors get about an hour of track time at each FATT as well as one free Seat Time session for every two FATTs they teach.

And John, did you get my e-mail reply to your post about the trailer hitch? Is the dunreit address still good?
Old 01-08-2006, 10:38 AM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John

In 2005, I tried three new tracks - Road Atlanta, Barber, and Nurburgring. In 2006 I'd like to add Road Atlanta, Mosport, and Mont Tremblant. Those tracks will likely be done under the stewardship of PCA or BWMCCA, but I am still researching their schedules (it's quite difficult with so many regions). Those of you who are intimate with other organizations' schedules at the three tracks I mentioned, please let me know of available events. If anybody knows of two events that are back-to-back at Mosport and Mt. Tremblant, please let me know as I'd like to make it a road trip.

That's quite an impressive schedule! Looks like a fun year.

You might check with the Audi Club for Mont Tremblant track time (and possibly for Road America...I'm not sure if you meant to type that for one of your mentions of Road Atlanta above.) They're having events at each of these in the fall:

http://www.audiclubna.org/calendar/eventlist.html

The Audi Club requires you to be a member to attend their events, but membership is cheap (under $50) and you don't have to own an Audi to be a member. They have good instructors (they have a very regimented process for determining who they allow to instruct at their events,) and their events are well run, from what I've seen and heard. Just be aware that many of their events spend a significant amount of time on car control and familiarization exercises (slalom, skidpad, etc) before opening up the lapping sessions, as they attempt to cater to new owners as much as they do hardcore track junkies.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:46 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

I'm still at an early planning stage, but I plan to run a bunch of events with the Chicago PCA at Blackhawk Farms, a few at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet and I WILL return to Watkins Glen, probably with the PCA in July. If we can find a multiple day event at Mid-Ohio not put on by NASA, I'd like to return there too. Shooting for at least 12 track days.

Gary, too bad the Audi Club requires so much BS....just like the BMWCCA does. Having run with a bunch of different clubs, I've gotten picky!

Anyone need a Harness Bar?
Old 01-08-2006, 01:29 PM
John

Originally Posted by commasense
And John, did you get my e-mail reply to your post about the trailer hitch? Is the dunreit address still good?
James, I got your v/m - will follow up soon!

Originally Posted by GaryM05
That's quite an impressive schedule! Looks like a fun year.

You might check with the Audi Club for Mont Tremblant track time (and possibly for Road America...I'm not sure if you meant to type that for one of your mentions of Road Atlanta above.) They're having events at each of these in the fall:

http://www.audiclubna.org/calendar/eventlist.html

The Audi Club requires you to be a member to attend their events, but membership is cheap (under $50) and you don't have to own an Audi to be a member. They have good instructors (they have a very regimented process for determining who they allow to instruct at their events,) and their events are well run, from what I've seen and heard. Just be aware that many of their events spend a significant amount of time on car control and familiarization exercises (slalom, skidpad, etc) before opening up the lapping sessions, as they attempt to cater to new owners as much as they do hardcore track junkies.
Oops, you're right, I did mean Road America. I've instructed with Audi Club in the past, but it's been awhile since most of their events in my region are during the week. Thanks for the tip and I'll see if I can find an event at Mosport around late Sept / early October to coincide with the ACNA Mont Tremblant event...

Last edited by John; 01-08-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:36 PM
StaticCling

Defintely would like to go to Road America (again) at least once this year, should be making the trek to Watkins Glen with the rest of the group, Mid-Ohio is another probable.

Other than that, just a lot of of smaller venues like Blackhawk farms, Grattan, and maybe Gingerman (aka the tire destroyer) and/or Putnam Park.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:54 PM
xenonk

Happy New Years fellow RR/AX junkies! OK, with the advent of a new year, time to spill the beans on your planned 2006 schedule. My is pretty limited thus far, but will be expounded upon as time goes on...

2/11-2/12 VIR Full - TZC/THSCC
3/4-3/5 Summit - CarGuys (tentative - may be in CA on business, perhaps something at Laguna / Sears Point?)
4/8-4/9 VIR North - TZC/THSCC
4/21-4/23 Mid-Ohio - NASA (tentative based on past years experience w/ weather)
6/3-6/4 Summit - Ferrari Club
6/17-6/18 VIR Grand East - Mazda Drivers
7/3-7/3 Watkins Glen - CarGuys (tentative - may do VIR w/ Chin Motorsports)
7/29-7/30 VIR North - NASA
9/16-9/17 Mid-Ohio - NASA (pending released Nationals schedule)
10/14-10-15 VIR Full - CarGuys
11/11-11/12 Summit (either with CarGuys or NASA)
12/9-12/10 VIR Full - Chin Motorsports

In 2005, I tried three new tracks - Road Atlanta, Barber, and Nurburgring. In 2006 I'd like to add Road America, Mosport, and Mont Tremblant. Those tracks will likely be done under the stewardship of PCA or BWMCCA, but I am still researching their schedules (it's quite difficult with so many regions). Those of you who are intimate with other organizations' schedules at the three tracks I mentioned, please let me know of available events. If anybody knows of two events that are back-to-back at Mosport and Mt. Tremblant, please let me know as I'd like to make it a road trip.

Also plan on getting my SCCA Comp License in March once I find more info - hope to buy a ride in an enduro car at some point this season.
Hi all, Im new to this forum, but not new to cars in general

John, are you going to be at VIR on Feb 17-20? it's run by NASA for that event.. I will be going for my NASA Comp License next year but just instructing this year.

Anyone else going to this event?

Last edited by John; 01-09-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Originally Posted by StaticCling
Defintely would like to go to Road America (again) at least once this year, should be making the trek to Watkins Glen with the rest of the group, Mid-Ohio is another probable.

Other than that, just a lot of of smaller venues like Blackhawk farms, Grattan, and maybe Gingerman (aka the tire destroyer) and/or Putnam Park.
Bruce, I'll e-mail you a spread sheet of local HPDE's I put together over the weekend. Think May Day at ABCC (FULL course!!!)
Old 01-09-2006, 05:32 PM
baileyrx

Originally Posted by xenonk
John, are you going to be at VIR on Feb 17-20? it's run by NASA for that event.. I will be going for my NASA Comp License next year but just instructing this year.

Anyone else going to this event?
i'm still an intermediate... what are the requirements to runn as NASA event?
Old 01-09-2006, 05:40 PM
xenonk

NASA is pretty common when it comes to running their events. You can sign up with their Group2 if you still want/need an instructor, or if you can prove that you are proficient to run solo, you can sign up for Group3 by filling out the "track experience" section out when you sign up on their website. If they dont think that you have enough experience, they will correspond with you and put you in the correct group level.

You do have to be a NASA member ($40/year) which isn't too bad since there's plenty of events that are hosted by NASA.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:29 AM
daveh

Look us up if you're on the west coast. It looks like there will be an event at thunderhill on 3/11-3/12 with nasa. Not sure if I'll be able to get to do any traveling to tracks this year with my busy schedule. Some day..
Old 01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The highlight of my track-driving year with the Z is going to be running at the new, 4.5-mile Miller Motorsports Park in Utah. For those who don't know, this is a brand new pro-level facility that will open just 2 weeks before I run there with the Audi Club in May.

I hope to NOT be the first person to put down tire marks going off the end of turn 1!

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/index.cfm
Attached Thumbnails Your 2006 Schedule?-pict0415.jpg   Your 2006 Schedule?-pict0419.jpg  

Quick Reply: Your 2006 Schedule?