Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Redline Time Attack! @ Buttonwillow Dec 2 & 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:03 PM
SuperKool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redline Time Attack! @ Buttonwillow Dec 2 & 3

Hi all,

I just wanted to drop a line and remind everyone here of the Redline TIME ATTACK season closer at ButtonWillow on Dec 2 & 3.

This will be Redlines second Time Attack here is California. Our last one was at California Speedway all the way back in March of this year. This second and last Time Attack of 2006 is shaping up to be bigger and better than the last one! With teams form all across the country meeting up at Buttonwillow to compete in what could be the largest Time Attack event ever!

All Redline Time Attacks are open to any driver/team that want to give it a go against the clock. This is NOT an invite only event. All are welcome to attend. We have 9 classes to race in, and can find a spot for anyone who want's to give it a go.

Spectators are welcome to attend. We'll have several viewing areas for all who want to see the action.

Visit: http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-5.html for more info.

So far, S2000 have dominated the RWD class in street and modified class, However, we've had Stephen Mott in his 2003 350Z place 2nd, and 3rd in our last two time attacks here in the western U.S. I'm sure more 350's could do very well at this TIME ATTACK thing.

There defiantly isn't any shortage of EVO's at our Time Attacks. So far EVO's and STi's have dominated the AWD class.
I'm sure we'll see much more EVO/STi clashes at this event as well.

Hope to see you out there.
Thanks!
Chris
Old 10-23-2006, 02:04 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the event I have been waiting for all year long!!! I will see you there.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
mavtais

What does the winner of a class get besides bragging rights?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:21 PM
SuperKool

Originally Posted by mavtais
What does the winner of a class get besides bragging rights?
A really nice trophy!

Or up to $900 in contingency sponsorship cash awards depending on if you meet the requirements for our contingency sponsorship. Basically you need to have certain JIC Magic parts installed on your car to meet the requirements. Go here for more info: http://redlinetimeattack.com/Contingency_Info.htm

Anyone who has any JIC Magic part installed on the car they race with should see if they meet the contingency requirements.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:26 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Thats cool that you guys started a contingency program, hopefully more companies will join.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:34 PM
SuperKool

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Thats cool that you guys started a contingency program, hopefully more companies will join.
I think more will follow too.
It shouldn't be to long before more companies jump on board for next year.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:36 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

I am glad to see the Time Attacks gaining popularity!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:46 PM
SuperKool

Yah, me too.

It really is a great form of racing that many people can get into without going the full blown wheel to wheel racing route. I think it's just a lot of fun too.
I actually drove in our first time attack out at Spring Mt, and I had a blast. It was nice to have that little bit of competition to get the adrenaline going. It was fun!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:48 PM
12AutoX

I am registered (somebody has to finish last ) Steve is also registered again this year (somebody has to finish first )
My Z is basically stock except for sways, wheels, tires, and brake pads. Like the post says, anyone can sign up. It should be awesome just to see what everyone else is running and be a part of the event.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:52 PM
skidmarq

Wow, that sounds like a blast...makes me wish I was only a bit closer...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:04 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

I just registered as well. I am suprised to see that the majority of the pre-registered drivers are in 350Zs! Should be fun.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:48 PM
daveh

What kind of cars run in the modified class? My problem is that my only tires are hoosiers or mismatched commuting tires. My car is pretty much stock power wise, but makes up for it with handling. I'll have to check what the treadwear is on my hoosiers when I get home but I have a feeling that it is under 50.
Anyone want to 'sponser' me with tires?

Last edited by daveh; 10-23-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:51 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Hoosiers put you in Unlimited. Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are the closest to 50 treadwear I think. They should have all of the rules posted on RedlineTimeAttack.com somewhere.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
daveh

I think I understand the rules. I was trying to get a sense of what types of cars are top contenders in the street class vs the modified class. It seems like the only major difference in terms of rules is the tires. Since my car is setup for r-comps, I could easily mount up some toyos and not have to spend any time on dialing her in. Not sure how she'd handle in even a good street tire. Anyone want to trade some RA-1's for my hoosiers for the day?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Gary King

Can a Z Roadster run in the Street Class? If so, count me in. I'm assuming yes as you let S2000's and Boxsters run. Sounds like alot of fun!

Are you guys going to be at SEMA?

Gary

Last edited by Gary King; 10-27-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:36 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Z roadsters should be fine. My car and I will be at SEMA. PM me if you want my cell # to meet up one of the days. I always like meeting other people from the boards.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Gary King

Sounds cool man, pm is on it's way. I think I sold you some AutoMeter Carbon Fiber Gauges and a A-Pillar Gauge holder over a year ago? Anyways Vegas will be allot of fun, can't wait.

Gary

Z roadsters should be fine. My car and I will be at SEMA. PM me if you want my cell # to meet up one of the days. I always like meeting other people from the boards.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:01 PM
knight_white99

So far, S2000 have dominated the RWD class in street and modified class, However, we've had Stephen Mott in his 2003 350Z place 2nd, and 3rd in our last two time attacks here in the western U.S. I'm sure more 350's could do very well at this TIME ATTACK thing.
Yep, that's me. My goal is to END the dominance of the S2000s!

I am coming back with a MUCH more capable car than I had at the last two west coast time attacks.

Bring it on!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 12:37 PM
ALong

Hoosiers put you in Unlimited. Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are the closest to 50 treadwear I think. They should have all of the rules posted on RedlineTimeAttack.com somewhere.
This rule has always seemed to me to be the biggest hinderance in getting turn out to these events. When you can go to your local AutoX and 80% of the people are running Hoosiers or Kuhmos all the SCCA showroom stock or Touring cars are running Hoosiers or Kuhmos but you cant run them in the stock class at Time Attack, who would want to buy another set of tires for Time Attack?

If Redline rethinks this, I would expect they would see more crossover from SCCA drivers.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:23 PM
daveh

Originally Posted by ALong
This rule has always seemed to me to be the biggest hinderance in getting turn out to these events. When you can go to your local AutoX and 80% of the people are running Hoosiers or Kuhmos all the SCCA showroom stock or Touring cars are running Hoosiers or Kuhmos but you cant run them in the stock class at Time Attack, who would want to buy another set of tires for Time Attack?

If Redline rethinks this, I would expect they would see more crossover from SCCA drivers.
Agreed, this is why I am not going.

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack! @ Buttonwillow Dec 2 & 3