Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

vid of G35 chasing a Z around Infineon

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:48 PM
jaslui119

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, sounds like you have quite alotta experience in "fast driving". I am trying to gain experience too, but driving in track days cost alot. Not only do u have to pay for the track fees and hotel but also maintaining the car, TIRES, and Mod Bug. Working real hard to up keep such an expensive hobby.
Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
Yeah, any kind of performance driving kind of makes "driving fast on the street" kind of boring.

I've driven Infineon ("short" version, when they were taking down the bridges) and Laguna Seca in formula cars, and I've driven Portland (PIR) in street cars. There's nothing like the feeling of getting a lap "right" to improve your outlook on life!

I'm around racing quite a bit (Flagging) and compete in national-level Solo events (well, most of the time I compete, at Nationals this year, apparently I didn't "show up" ), so I've got a pretty good idea of the performance potential of the various cars. I've also seen that particular Spec Miata race, and it and it's driver are not as slow as you made them look!