Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Set of Autocross wheels/tires...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 09:41 AM
Todd@ProDyno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set of Autocross wheels/tires...

This has been a very popular selling package...
17x9 +35mm Enkei Rpo2-j 17.7lbs each
with 255-40-17 Kumho V700

$1400
Old 04-02-2003, 03:42 PM
2003z

I can give a report April 13th, as I will be using this combo.

Todd, are you going to stock Kuhmo's now, or is this just a special offer? I hope its stock, because Tire Rack has NO competition in this market.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Todd@ProDyno

No plans to stock...we just got two sets of yours.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:51 PM
2003z

this is what they look like installed.
Attached Thumbnails Set of Autocross wheels/tires...-enkei-rpo2.jpg  
Old 04-04-2003, 10:30 PM
raceboy
Banned

Sweet, how much? You have a PM.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:52 PM
cturbo28

Nice wheels, but too bad, you can not run stock class with those at an SCCA event.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:49 PM
2003z

Hey cturbo, I met you at the atlanta auto-x in January, the one where you kicked everyone's ***! Anyway, I've got an injen so I'm SP anyway.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:19 PM
cobrasak

well, i just got back from autox and all i can say it was a blast in the Z, first time I ever raced her. The one negitive thing I noticed as everone knows is that understeer. Nissan went way too conservative for that. Does anyoen have any suggestions in getting rid of this and make the car more neutral.
here are some pics of the event if anyone is interested
http://www.digitalinsomnia.cc/matt/apr03autocross/

Here is my baby in a neat little picture if it works
Attached Thumbnails Set of Autocross wheels/tires...-p4060109.jpg  
Old 04-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Mrsideways

17x9 isn't stock legal. And if your going to run ASP your going to want more then 9 inches of wheel under the car. Your going to need to match Z06's in rubber on the road to have any chance in ASP.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Mrsideways

Originally posted by cobrasak
well, i just got back from autox and all i can say it was a blast in the Z, first time I ever raced her. The one negitive thing I noticed as everone knows is that understeer. Nissan went way too conservative for that. Does anyoen have any suggestions in getting rid of this and make the car more neutral.
here are some pics of the event if anyone is interested
http://www.digitalinsomnia.cc/matt/apr03autocross/

Here is my baby in a neat little picture if it works
Your from orlando Ah. I recognize the valencia lot in the photos. I used to run a whole bunch with martin sports car club but ever since I found Dothan Alabama's lot on the same weekend Martin isnt worth the trip for the Tiny lot out at palm Bay. Are you going to attend the martin Mini Prix this weekend in Gainsville around the Gainsville grand prix track? It would be nice to have some Z's in my class. So far I've only gotten to run aginst carter at the PRO and the Sediv events.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:57 PM
cobrasak

You are absolutely right. It was Valancia. Unforuntely I can't make it to Gainesville wish I could. I am still a rookie at autox so you would probably kill me but I am learning. Wish I could go out more but a little annoyance called work gets in the way
Whats the difference for Martins club anyhow?
Old 04-07-2003, 06:36 PM
2003z

Originally posted by Mrsideways
17x9 isn't stock legal. And if your going to run ASP your going to want more then 9 inches of wheel under the car. Your going to need to match Z06's in rubber on the road to have any chance in ASP.
So, noone has answered this yet, not even the local SCCA, as they are running me in BSP. I've seen several mentions of ASP, why would bumping up to street prepared also bump me up from B to A class?
Old 04-08-2003, 05:01 AM
Mrsideways

Street Prepared classes don't directly correspond to Stock classes. G-stock CRX's go to CSP for example. However the S2000 (even though it should fit the rules for CSP) goes to ASP so it's only logical that the 350z should also go to ASP. BSP is for old C-4 Vettes.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:10 AM
Mrsideways

You are absolutely right. It was Valancia. Unforuntely I can't make it to Gainesville wish I could. I am still a rookie at autox so you would probably kill me but I am learning. Wish I could go out more but a little annoyance called work gets in the way
Whats the difference for Martins club anyhow?
Martin Club rules Stock is Stock. Meaning Street tires. Scca rules allow shocks, tires, Front Sway bar, and exhaust. Martin Also splits the runs up though out the day so you don't make all your runs at one time. This is nice because it allows you to make big changes on the car but bad because you never get to run on warm tires. The Gainsville event is laps around gainsvilles track with NO CONES. so you will hit upwards of 90-100 mph. My tow car (the V-8 volvo) blew the dif up on the way home from South Carolina 2 weeks ago so I've gotta drive the S down from tallahasse and some how get 4 wheels and tires a jack helment and such in it. I guess thats about as tuff as getting all that in a 350. Jim manages to do it in a miata so I think i'll be able to do it. In my old miata once I did an event in Tampa back when I lived in orlando and didn't have a trailer. I tied my Race tires to my roll bar. I couldn't see anything other then directly in front of me the entire way to and from orlando to tampa. Must have looked pretty funny.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:00 AM
negcamber

Originally posted by Mrsideways
so it's only logical that the 350z should also go to ASP. BSP is for old C-4 Vettes.
Ahhh...logic...where is logic in the SCCA classings when you need it.

Rumor has it that it will actually go to BSP because of its weight.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Mrsideways

I guess that could work, THe old M3's go to BSP. Robert when are you ever gonna take up racing again.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:10 AM
negcamber

The one negitive thing I noticed as everone knows is that understeer. Nissan went way too conservative for that. Does anyoen have any suggestions in getting rid of this and make the car more neutral.
Softer front swaybar, less tire at the rear, a less negative camber at the rear and more in the front if it is adjustable (I don't think it is though). If you can get adj shocks then go soft up front and stiff in the rear.

Probably playing with the alignment would be the best thing to do, even if it means you reduce the rear negative camber to zero. And then also learn to control the oversteer by changing your driving style (ie, less aggressive entering turns).
Old 04-08-2003, 10:39 AM
2003z

Well, I guess I'll just keep running in BSP against the old M3 until they tell me otherwise. I'm just out to have fun anyway. If it comes down to moving up and I don't want to, I'll just put these rims on my wife's g35c, and use those rims, which are the same specs as the 17" Z wheel for auto-x come the next set of tires (also I can remove the injen, regain the 4hp I lost, and go back to stock)!
Old 04-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Mrsideways

Your from atlanta. Do you plan on attending Atlanta regions Event at the Talladega Grand prix track May 11th. I ran a PRO there and WHOA was it fun. I Fully intend to make the drive up for that event in may.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:46 AM
del105
15 f125

Todd what is up with the 18" rp02 wheels I called several places some say they have them, then I called your store today and was told these wheels are not out yet. What kind of price can you do on these?

Quick Reply: Set of Autocross wheels/tires...