Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Redline Time Attack April 29th, Buttonwillow

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 09:49 AM
mraturbo
Banned

That Was a Great Time.

Hotter than hell though.

I like the fact that there is stiff competition. JIC, GMB, MWorks, and more. Too bad few showed up for unlimited though.

Yet, the more show up - Just Makes us have to work harder.

Next time I hope my car will have more than 48.5 miles on a new motor so I can get her tuned properly and bring home some trophy

Great job on the Win Mike and Scott, regardless how many competitors. You guys were changing tires all day so any trophy makes you smile.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 05-01-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-01-2007 | 09:55 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Paulie35th350z
nice pics guys! great vid there too Eagle1

congrats to sincity350z and scott for placing 2nd. Is this your best time so far @ Buttonwillow config 13 CW?
Originally Posted by sincity350z
^^^Thanks! So far yes, the 1:58.551 is the best time for that car, but she has a lot more in her thats for sure especially on a cooler day.
Yep, that is the best so far in this car. My "Hot Lap" transponder had me at a 1.58.127 on Saturday though. The quickest I have been there in a Z ever was a 1.57.3xx. (that was two years ago) I have NO DOUBT that this car will be at least a couple seconds quicker the next time it sees Buttonwillow.
Old 05-01-2007 | 10:39 AM
RKnight

Wow! Under 2:00:00 for a lap that's outstanding. Wish I could have come out to watch but had other commitments.
Old 05-01-2007 | 10:45 AM
Paulie35th350z

Eagle1 great write up of the event. I always thought your car was stripped somehow. I was wrong. you posted some good times.. shed 2 seconds off your best time too thats a great job@! congrats!

Good luck to Scott and sincity350z hope you guys post some 1:54 or less! that car for sure will be crazy fast!

How did the VRT Bumblebee do?
Old 05-01-2007 | 10:46 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Yep, that is the best so far in this car. My "Hot Lap" transponder had me at a 1.58.127 on Saturday though. The quickest I have been there in a Z ever was a 1.57.3xx. (that was two years ago) I have NO DOUBT that this car will be at least a couple seconds quicker the next time it sees Buttonwillow.
Nice driving this weekend, I was there with the Z32 crew. What tires were you running this weekend compared to when you ran 1.57.3xx? I love the heat.
Old 05-01-2007 | 11:19 AM
kognition

Thumbs up

Congratulations to team Relentless! I only wish my trailer wouldn't have broken down on me so i could have been out there to share in the swealtering heat! I even had my 10x20 tent with me
I am still going thru the images from my photographer Big Dave. That has been extremely helpfull for us to see how the car is reacting in the turns. This is a serious group of guys (and girls) that have dedicated themselves to learning from what goes on out there on the track. And i am proud to be a small part of that team. Each event teaches you more and that's what it is all about.
The Relentless Team takes home a 2nd Place $300 contingency award from Kognition for running canards and splitter setup. Congrats to all of you!
I will have a new gallery added to our website tonite.
Mike Mishler

Old 05-01-2007 | 02:01 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

I don't know if we will ever win that Overall Time Attack Champion trophy and although it would be absolutely fantastic, thats not what we are after. There are much cheaper, lighter, and faster cars out there than the 350Z to build to try and win that trophy. Our ultimate goal is to be the fastest 350Z at the event because after all, thats our real competition. Lets be realistic, a $30k Nissan 350Z with off the shelf parts will probably never be at the same level as cars like full race Porsche GT3 Cup cars, Ferrari 360 Challenge race cars, or anything of that nature. The 350Z was designed to be a mass market consumer car with 287 crank horsepower, skinny street tires, and middle aged drivers going to work and back in traffic.

Thats perhaps maybe why we aren't putting a lot of emphasis on the 2nd place trophy we got. I think we would be more excited if 3rd place was the M-Workz 350Z or the VRT Rumble Bee 350Z instead of an '88 Mustang. Don't get me wrong, I am very proud and excited about the 2nd place. What we, and everybody else, had gotten these cars to do is incredible.

Last edited by SinCity350Z; 05-01-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2007 | 03:08 PM
Eagle1

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
The 350Z was designed to be a mass market consumer car with 287 crank horsepower, skinny street tires, and middle aged drivers going to work and back in traffic.
Hey, be careful, Mike..........I resemble that remark!
Old 05-01-2007 | 03:49 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Eagle1
Hey, be careful, Mike..........I resemble that remark!
Ok, I change my previous statement to this...

The 350Z was designed to be a mass market consumer car with 287 crank horsepower, skinny street tires, and business savy drivers going to work and back in traffic.

Old 05-02-2007 | 07:29 PM
mlk_f1

Default Buttonwillow 07 Redline Time Attack PIX and VIDS

There are lots of pix and vids from the event here, follow the multiple links on the thread from other members too. If you have more pix of the event, please share them with us.
Clicky
Old 05-02-2007 | 08:01 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

^^^Hahaha, of course you had to find a picture of us getting towed in lol. Turbo pipe blew off lol.

Anyways, here is a few more pics I got from the track photographer in the mail today.

This is the excessive body roll we were experiencing with the new cage stiffening the chassis. This was on Ed's street tires too. Time to get stiffer springs & sways!...

Scott getting a little crazy lol...

Use those curbs!

Notice both inside tires starting to lift off the ground. Thats one stiff chassis !
Old 05-02-2007 | 08:53 PM
mlk_f1

haha Just teasing with the tow pic. Was one of your crew (pretty big guy)driving a black SUV? If so, I met him at the gas station on the way back and chated a bit with him. I was in the Yellow Lotus.
What an awesome Weekend. I'm still feelin the high.
Old 05-02-2007 | 09:00 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mlk_f1
haha Just teasing with the tow pic. Was one of your crew (pretty big guy)driving a black SUV? If so, I met him at the gas station on the way back and chated a bit with him. I was in the Yellow Lotus.
What an awesome Weekend. I'm still feelin the high.
Nope, nobody with us was in a black SUV. So you were the driver of the Yellow Track HQ Lotus? You placed in Street RWD correct? Congrats if that was you! Was that your first Time Attack? They are tons of fun. Hopefully I can make it out to the east coast for one or two. I don't want to have to wait until November for Laguna Seca to do another one . Thanks for posting the link to the pics by the way.
Old 05-02-2007 | 09:34 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Those are some great pix they took of your car Mike , so are you bringing the Z to play out in Pahrump?
Old 05-02-2007 | 09:38 PM
mlk_f1

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
Nope, nobody with us was in a black SUV. So you were the driver of the Yellow Track HQ Lotus? You placed in Street RWD correct? Congrats if that was you! Was that your first Time Attack? They are tons of fun. Hopefully I can make it out to the east coast for one or two. I don't want to have to wait until November for Laguna Seca to do another one . Thanks for posting the link to the pics by the way.
Yep, I was the driver in the trackHQ lotus . Its my first time trying out TA and it was my 2nd time to Buttonwillow. So, I'm extremely happy with 3rd place finish. Luck was on my side , even with a broken shifter on my first TA run.
Thanks
Old 05-03-2007 | 01:48 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by kognition
Congratulations to team Relentless! I only wish my trailer wouldn't have broken down on me so i could have been out there to share in the swealtering heat! I even had my 10x20 tent with me
I am still going thru the images from my photographer Big Dave. That has been extremely helpfull for us to see how the car is reacting in the turns. This is a serious group of guys (and girls) that have dedicated themselves to learning from what goes on out there on the track. And i am proud to be a small part of that team. Each event teaches you more and that's what it is all about.
The Relentless Team takes home a 2nd Place $300 contingency award from Kognition for running canards and splitter setup. Congrats to all of you!
I will have a new gallery added to our website tonite.
Mike Mishler

You didn't miss a whole lot Mike. Just a lot of heat, and some blown tires and some turbo pipe couplers blowing off, hahahaha.

These are descent pictures of the car, but a terrible picture of me by the way
Old 05-03-2007 | 06:05 AM
Eagle1

Scott.........do you ever sleep?

And that is not a bad picture of you at all. Who is the guy standing next to you?
Old 05-03-2007 | 06:14 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Eagle1
Scott.........do you ever sleep?

And that is not a bad picture of you at all. Who is the guy standing next to you?
Old 05-03-2007 | 07:54 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Vid from the record-setting S15: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjieeb1gGso
Old 05-03-2007 | 08:26 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie
Premier Member

Congrats to all - looks like you guys had a lot of fun...

Here's a vid riding with Nils (crazy fast RobiSpec street tire Evo) and I think there's some footage of the Relentless Autosports car around 5:30...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jMTRY_0a4zU

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack April 29th, Buttonwillow