Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Redline Time Attack April 29th, Buttonwillow

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007 | 01:55 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
Thanks Bob! I thought you were going to make it out to this event for some reason?

Believe me I wanted to, but couldnt, I am definately going to try and get out to more of these coming soon, but the baby is going to make it difficult...we will have to see though.
Old 05-04-2007 | 01:58 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic
Premier Member

^^^Man, you had a busy weekend!
True, but always better in a Nissan!
Old 05-04-2007 | 02:05 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Believe me I wanted to, but couldnt, I am definately going to try and get out to more of these coming soon, but the baby is going to make it difficult...we will have to see though.

Old 05-04-2007 | 02:34 PM
Navygolf13

Nice.... .

You either have too much time on your hands or you have/having a baby.... . I dont think the wife would go for it unless it would pass every test out there for baby seats.
Old 05-04-2007 | 02:40 PM
ULLLOSE

Nice.... .

You either have too much time on your hands or you have/having a baby.... . I dont think the wife would go for it unless it would pass every test out there for baby seats.
The Simpson is just a knock off, they put their name on another seat.... The Recaro is sweet. We have it in Silver and Black to match the RX-8. It is built like a tank. I think we can use it as a go kart seat when we no longer need it in the car.

p.s. did you fix your fender yet.
Attached Thumbnails Redline Time Attack April 29th, Buttonwillow-flashsport_big.jpg  
Old 05-04-2007 | 03:34 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

^^^Haha, nice! I wonder if it weighs less than my Corbeau FX1 Pros?
Old 05-04-2007 | 04:04 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by ULLLOSE
The Simpson is just a knock off, they put their name on another seat.... The Recaro is sweet. We have it in Silver and Black to match the RX-8. It is built like a tank. I think we can use it as a go kart seat when we no longer need it in the car.

p.s. did you fix your fender yet.

Guess you were out there that day huh? Not yet, but I am going to be taking my car and turning it into a track car so not too worried about it. Sorry, but I dont know who you are from the AutoX....obviously you were out there, did we talk?
Old 05-04-2007 | 04:29 PM
ULLLOSE

Guess you were out there that day huh? Not yet, but I am going to be taking my car and turning it into a track car so not too worried about it. Sorry, but I dont know who you are from the AutoX....obviously you were out there, did we talk?
Yeah, I drive the silver RX-8. Thanks for lunch.
Old 05-04-2007 | 04:41 PM
Navygolf13

Yeah, I drive the silver RX-8. Thanks for lunch.
No problem, I just did not put it together. You are always welcome to stop by and grab some food, my mother-in-law makes sure there is enough for all!

I have seen those Recaro seats, we will definately look into those!! Thanks!
Old 05-04-2007 | 05:32 PM
ULLLOSE

No problem, I just did not put it together. You are always welcome to stop by and grab some food, my mother-in-law makes sure there is enough for all!

I have seen those Recaro seats, we will definately look into those!! Thanks!
They are great seats and good up to 80 lbs so it will be the last seat you buy. The bad part is you can not use it till they turn 1 yr old, forward facing only.

Have fun at the SOW Monday... Wish I could go but I am going to TX for the Houston Solo Natl tour the next week and I don't want to risk hurting the car right before a big race.
Old 05-04-2007 | 09:39 PM
Navygolf13

They are great seats and good up to 80 lbs so it will be the last seat you buy. The bad part is you can not use it till they turn 1 yr old, forward facing only.

Have fun at the SOW Monday... Wish I could go but I am going to TX for the Houston Solo Natl tour the next week and I don't want to risk hurting the car right before a big race.
Well, when I get my car done, I will have to get you to come drive it cause you are pretty phenomenal!!!!

Sorry to jack your thread Ed, did not mean for that to happen!!

Last edited by Navygolf13; 05-05-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-05-2007 | 05:35 AM
Eagle1

Weel, when I get my car done, I will have to get you to come drive it cause you are pretty phenomenal!!!!

Sorry to jack your thread Ed, did not mean for that to happen!!
NO problem Bob. I have five kids myself, and well remember the car seat phase. The biggest "test drive" for a seat set up and car is how far you have to cantilever your back to put the child in and then strap them in....while they squirm. It is replicated in gyms today as an exercise in core interval training for your back!!! Take a thirty pound ball, extend your arms fully, bend to ninety degrees, and hold it for two minutes. Repeat for as many times as you have children, and once just for being married. Five sets.

The best performance mod ever was the sliding door to the minivan.
Old 05-05-2007 | 07:11 AM
ALong

The seat you have pictured is actually Recaro's new "entry-level" seat that is non-adjustable called the "Young-Sport." The one you are talking about is called the "Start", it's has an aluminum frame that is adjustable in height and width and can take a child from 30lbs to 80lbs. It also uses the cars seatbelt, instead of having its own harness like the "Young-Sport". I have two of the Recaro "Start's", its a fantastic child seat, crash tested, very safe and easy to transfer from car to car as it uses the cars seatbelts to strap the child in and keep the seat in place. It's not cheap (around $300 each), but its the best seat out there. I figured if the Recaro SPG in my racecar is safe enough for me then these seats are safe enough for my kids.
Old 05-05-2007 | 07:46 AM
ULLLOSE

Originally Posted by ALong
The seat you have pictured is actually Recaro's new "entry-level" seat that is non-adjustable called the "Young-Sport." The one you are talking about is called the "Start", it's has an aluminum frame that is adjustable in height and width and can take a child from 30lbs to 80lbs. It also uses the cars seatbelt, instead of having its own harness like the "Young-Sport". I have two of the Recaro "Start's", its a fantastic child seat, crash tested, very safe and easy to transfer from car to car as it uses the cars seatbelts to strap the child in and keep the seat in place. It's not cheap (around $300 each), but its the best seat out there. I figured if the Recaro SPG in my racecar is safe enough for me then these seats are safe enough for my kids.
Not sure where you got that info... The one in the pic is the Sport and we have had it for well over a year and features:

This innovative child seat offers the latest safety protection like energy-absorbing EPS foam, deep side wings and an excellent fit for children weighing 20 - 80 pounds and over the age of 1 year. Due to its outstanding versatility, it provides the perfect platform on which to watch your child grow. With its height-adjustability it offers optimum safety for toddlers and young children. And as soon as your child outgrows the 5-point harness and seat cushion, you can remove them, converting the Young Sport into a booster seat.

http://www.recarochildseats.com/sportChildSeats.asp

The Start and Style also have headrest/backrest adjustability but do not have the lower insert so they are only good from 30-80 lbs VS 20-80 lbs for the Sport and the Start and Style do not have a built in 5 point like the Sport that I posted the pic of.

I would also say by looking at the weights that the Style has the aluminum frame as it weighs 9.85 lbs while the Sport and Start are 22 lbs +. The Style is also half the cost of the other two so that looks like your entry level.

imho the Sport is the only way to go, you have the 5 point and the abilty to expand it later unlike the other two.

Last edited by ULLLOSE; 05-05-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-05-2007 | 08:02 AM
Navygolf13

You know this is funny, it goes from a Timeattack thread to one that my wife is interested in!! Gotta love friendly banter among family men about car seats!!!

Old 05-05-2007 | 08:12 AM
ULLLOSE

You know this is funny, it goes from a Timeattack thread to one that my wife is interested in!! Gotta love friendly banter among family men about car seats!!!

Just to keep it on topic.... If I could find a helmet that fits I would put Jessica in the Recaro Sport and take her for a few laps.

p.s. you can tell from the pic of the Simpson it is made for roundy round guys that only turn left, it has a cup holder for your free hand and your Bud. lol

Last edited by ULLLOSE; 05-05-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2007 | 09:02 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Eagle1
NO problem Bob. I have five kids myself, and well remember the car seat phase. The biggest "test drive" for a seat set up and car is how far you have to cantilever your back to put the child in and then strap them in....while they squirm. It is replicated in gyms today as an exercise in core interval training for your back!!! Take a thirty pound ball, extend your arms fully, bend to ninety degrees, and hold it for two minutes. Repeat for as many times as you have children, and once just for being married. Five sets.

The best performance mod ever was the sliding door to the minivan.
Old 05-05-2007 | 12:40 PM
thawk408

Does that silver Z with the megan racing sticker use the megan racing suspesion?
Old 05-05-2007 | 01:03 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore
Premier Member

Originally Posted by thawk408
Does that silver Z with the megan racing sticker use the megan racing suspesion?
Not yet. I am talking to Scott (WA2GOOD) on the phone right now. We are probably going to try them out on my car soon to see how they are.
Old 05-05-2007 | 01:13 PM
thawk408

Not yet. I am talking to Scott (WA2GOOD) on the phone right now. We are probably going to try them out on my car soon to see how they are.
Please do. I am very interested to see how they perform.

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack April 29th, Buttonwillow