Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a weld in roll cage kit other than what's out there already?
Yes
77.78%
No
22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Roll Cage Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scotts300
Off topic, but could you send me a few more pics of the interior of your car? I'm curious to see what else I can realistically remove, and will likely ask a few questions about stuff. Thanks!
here ya go. I relocated the Unified meter and A/C amp, TCS button, OBDII port, Gas cap button. I removed a lot, but the highlights include the SRS system and module, the door wiring to include the wires to and from the other door and to the BCM, tire pressure monitoring system, air bags, and seat belts, speaker wiring, hatch wiring (only keeping the third brake light), and more just can't remember it all.
Attached Thumbnails Roll Cage Kit-dash_3.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-dash_4.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-dash_5.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-dash_6.jpg  
Old 04-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by dgemotorsports
Looks like you can still remove some weight by removing all of the unnecessary sheet metal in the rear of the car. I'll post some pics of what we removed when I get our car back from the paint shop.
Dave, I agree, just didn't want to loose structure until I put something back in its place.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
reserved

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
here ya go. I relocated the Unified meter and A/C amp, TCS button, OBDII port, Gas cap button. I removed a lot, but the highlights include the SRS system and module, the door wiring to include the wires to and from the other door and to the BCM, tire pressure monitoring system, air bags, and seat belts, speaker wiring, hatch wiring (only keeping the third brake light), and more just can't remember it all.
OMG - I can't believe you did that to your car
Old 04-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by reserved
OMG - I can't believe you did that to your car
Boredom is a terrible thing
Old 04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
AznSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe you should start your own thread Bryan lol.

but I noticed you removed the IP reinforcement bar, doesn't that make you lose some body rigidity too?

PS ~ Can I haz ride at Zdayz?
Old 04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by AznSky
maybe you should start your own thread Bryan lol.

but I noticed you removed the IP reinforcement bar, doesn't that make you lose some body rigidity too?

PS ~ Can I haz ride at Zdayz?
Didn't mean to take anything away from Dave's original topic.

If I bring the Z to zdayz you can haz a ride
Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 AM
dgemotorsports

OK guys and gals, I have pics of the cage but not sure if I should post them here in the forum for fear getting booted or banned for not being a site sponsor. If it's OK with the admins I will post them in the forum but would like to get the OK before I do. Otherwise I will have to figure something else out.

So how about it Admins? Yes or No
Old 04-16-2010, 06:11 AM
dgemotorsports

No response from the admins so here the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Roll Cage Kit-1-1688.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-1-1689.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-1-1690.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-1-1691.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-1-1692.jpg  

Old 04-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Lightning Guy

Dave, I likez it, i likez it.

price shipped to 29697 for the kit?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Stack

Shouldn't the diagonal be one-piece, not the bent harness bar?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:55 AM
dgemotorsports

More pics.

The diagonal does not have to be 1 piece. I make the harness bar 1 piece for easier height adjustment to get the correct shoulder strap angle. I find this is a lot easier than making it 2 pieces.

Any suggestions for improvement are welcome. I am always looking to improve my products.
Attached Thumbnails Roll Cage Kit-1-1696.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-1-1697.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-1-1698.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-1-1699.jpg   Roll Cage Kit-1-1701.jpg  

Old 04-16-2010, 07:13 AM
dgemotorsports

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
Dave, I likez it, i likez it.

price shipped to 29697 for the kit?
I'm not quite ready to sell them yet. My biggest issue it not having an installation manual ready. When I built this cage I was not planning on making a kit out of it so I didn't take any installation pictures for the manual.

There's also a few other things I need to do before it's ready to sell as a kit. I will keep you informed where I'm at and when it will be ready for distribution.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Lightning Guy

I'm not quite ready to sell them yet. My biggest issue it not having an installation manual ready. When I built this cage I was not planning on making a kit out of it so I didn't take any installation pictures for the manual.

There's also a few other things I need to do before it's ready to sell as a kit. I will keep you informed where I'm at and when it will be ready for distribution.
I haz a Z I can drop off for az long az you need.

I'll even prep it for ya. Seriously.

If you're willing I'm able. Course I'm on the east coast. I'm on the iPhone and I forgot where you are.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:31 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

WA........about as far away as is possible lol.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Lightning Guy

Oh yeah you are on the west coast. Maybe I can help out by doing the manual for ya?
Old 04-17-2010, 01:53 AM
dgemotorsports

Is anyone else interested? It's cheaper to run more than one kit through the bender than one at a time. Let me do some numbers crunching and see what I can do for a discount for the first 5 people that want one.

Anyone in the local area that would like one installed and is willing to let me use their car for creating the installation manual get a hold of me and we can work out some kid of discount for the use of their car.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:36 AM
dgemotorsports

I'm still working on initial discount pricing. I should have something put together by Monday.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
betamotorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The basic cage design looks great. In my mind I'm debating whether the main hoop rear braces should go to the floor to support the subframe or to the shock towers to support an aftermarket coil over install. I don't have an answer, just asking a question.

If a customer is building a SCCA T2 or NASA PT car, they need to remember that they are only allowed 8 attachment points to the chassis. The additional attachment points in your pictures (rocker, A and B pillar, etc.) are not allowed.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:55 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still working on initial discount pricing. I should have something put together by Monday.

Any pricing on the 4 point cage and pics?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:50 PM
dgemotorsports

Originally Posted by betamotorsports
The basic cage design looks great. In my mind I'm debating whether the main hoop rear braces should go to the floor to support the subframe or to the shock towers to support an aftermarket coil over install. I don't have an answer, just asking a question.

If a customer is building a SCCA T2 or NASA PT car, they need to remember that they are only allowed 8 attachment points to the chassis. The additional attachment points in your pictures (rocker, A and B pillar, etc.) are not allowed.
I understand what your saying betamotorsports about the landing of the rear down tubes. I think landing on the frame is much stronger since this is some of the thickest metal in the car. With the lower cross tube being welded to the landing plates this also adds to the overall strength. If the factory brace between the 2 shock towers is removed add an additional shock brace as I did. If you notice I left a little bit of the factory brace entact to help support the top of the shock tower.

You are also correct about the number of attachment points for some classes. I took those pictures so people could see how tight the cage fits when installed correctly and since this is an enduro car we were allowed the extra attachment points. I have seen too many cages that don't fit very good at all and wanted people to see that I squeeze every bit of room possible from the inside of the car.

I have come up with a discount price for the first 5 people that order a full kit before 5-26-10. This will be for the kit only. No installation manual, although I will help anyone that has any questions about the installation. I will sell the first 5 for $1000. After that the price will be $1250 so get one at the discount price while you can.

Anyone interested in the full cage kit pm me and I will post in this thread how many are spoken for. I will send a paypal request to those 5 people for a deposit and once I get 5 confirmed orders I will start assembling the kits. If I don't get 5 confirmed orders as of 5-26-10 I will start assembling the orders I do get and request the remaining balance from the people who do order.

I'm working on a price for a 4-point kit as well and will post that information when it's complete.

I forgot to add that shipping is additional to the $1000.

Last edited by dgemotorsports; 05-11-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add shipping

Quick Reply: Roll Cage Kit