Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

ZCon 2010 Track Day... who's in?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Stack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZCon 2010 Track Day... who's in?!

Asphalt Ventures is proud to announce that we will be helping the 2010 National Z Convention run its track day on Sunday, August 1st at Nashville Super Speedway (road course.)

We're still working out the details on event format... but you can go ahead and register for the event from the convention website: http://www.zcon2010.com/

At some point (hopefully sooner rather than later) we'll be syncing the ZCon track day registrations onto MotorsportReg.com. Format will be a standard HPDE format... at least two instructed run groups based on experience level with one group for instructors and solo qualified drivers. This will be a high-speed event and safety inspections will be required. In-car instruction and classroom instruction will be provided w/entry.

In addition, one of the things I'm trying to get approval for is a run group for roadsters and convertibles. It would certainly help if I had an idea of how many might be interested in that run group. The plan (if we get approval) is to run that group the way Virginia Int'l Raceway runs its convertible group:
  • Paced lapping (faster than parade laps, but not as fast as normal HPDE)
  • Helmets will be required
  • "Leapfrog" system to rotate cars through the line and allow all cars in that group to rotate through the line from back to front

The way I'm envisioning it is there would be two track sessions for this group, one in the a.m. just before lunch, another at the end of the day. Drivers in this group would be welcome in the regular DE classroom sessions, and will be able to take hot-lapping rides with instructors during the regular sessions. There would be a group-specific briefing sessions just before each of the roadster sessions to go over the rules and procedures for the group.

Again... this isn't set in stone yet, we're still working on approval from the ZCon committee and the track itself, but I would like some ammunition (interest) to take to them.

The normal HPDE cost is $150 w/ZCon registration ... Not sure yet what the cost for the Roadster group would be, but it would be significantly less than that.

So please post here, or shoot me an email to stacy@asphaltventures.com letting me know how interested you would be in the roadster group (and the regular track day as well.)

Thanks!!

Here's the course:

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWseGf7IwNk
Old 04-09-2010, 07:36 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We're trying to make it. If we do, I'll be driving at the HPDE.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:32 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Ohhhh.....I'm also going to try and make it!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:50 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Bump for more interest!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Stack

Bump for a little more information...

Registration for the 2010 Z Convention seems to be moving along very nicely... my source tells me that they already have over 300 registrations for the event. Of those 300, about 60 or so have already signed up for the track day (and another 60-70 have signed up for the Autocross.)

If you are interested in attending the event, you need to go to the convention website listed in the OP and GET REGISTERED!

We will be running it like a mostly normal DE event... separate groups depending on experience level, each group should get at least four track sessions.

In addition, we will be offering a "touring lights" group, where you can bring your convertible or roadster and enjoy the track during your own track session (details on how to register for this group will be forthcoming.)

Also... if you are a Nissan heritage race fan, you REALLY should try to make it out to this event... I'm being told there will be more than a handful of celebrity cars in attendance, and we will be running one or two "exhibition" sessions to show off these historic beauties.

Hope to see you all out there!!!

Old 05-16-2010, 06:45 PM
nissanguyz32

Signed up and looking forward to it.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

I really wanted to run at Nashville, but I am registered for another event that weekend. Good luck with everything.