Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

SCCA Board of Directors resinds 2.5 rule

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:40 AM
racerbob4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCCA Board of Directors resinds 2.5 rule

They also are allowing Touring 3 to live for at least two more years. If we get our numbers above 2.5 in those two years the class will continue. For those of you who are looking for a great way to race your 350Z the Touring 3 class is a economical way to get your Z car on track. You don't have to make very change allowed to get started. You will need all the safety stuff like a rollcage, seat belts, fire extinguisher, restrictor plate and DOT racing tires.

The shocks, sway bars, racing pads, and additional wheels can come as you can afford them. The 350Z is a pretty stout car compared to other entry level classes and with its speed a hell of a lot of fun.

There are some great pics of our car at www.jlofoto.net and www.scca.smugmug.com Look for the Runofs pics in both T3 and T2 and a few Z cars in the GT2 and GT3 classes. The T3 rain race pics are particularly good in the Jlofoto stuff.

Bob Hines
Old 10-24-2011, 06:14 PM
laze1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would luv to run some SCCA event, but my NASA PTB car will not make it into T2 or T3...all striped out interior and such
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 AM
racerbob4

Originally Posted by laze1
I would luv to run some SCCA event, but my NASA PTB car will not make it into T2 or T3...all striped out interior and such
So is our car. You need the stock dash but it can be cut up so that the roll cage bars will fit. I think ours is cut in two places. The rest of the interior is gone. Go to www.scca.com and look at the rules. To run your car in T3 you will need a set of 8.5 wheels and a restrictor plate. You also need a legal roll cage and the other safety stuff like up to date belts, helmet, drivers suit and a racingseat. Look at those rules.

We are going to put together a package to help a street car get prepared to run T3 which would include a substantial deal on 2 sets of wheels and a legal restrictor plate. More details later. We might also be able to arrange sets of tires that have been used only one weekend from some of the better funded teams.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:15 PM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Laze, I think you would have to put a few things back in. I can't remember if you cut sheet metal or not.

Reading the rules it looks like you would have to replace the aftermarket sways, springs and such with Nissan OEM units.

Some parts are allowed though:
Nissan Motorsports part #99996-35TDK
is allowed. Nissan heavy duty spring kit part #99996-65Z3OUS,
Nismo sway bar kit #99996-RSZ3OUS allowed.
Interior Modifications
1. Front passenger seat, rear seat back, rear seat bottom
cushion(s), sun visors, seat belts and their attaching
hard¬ware and bracketry may be removed. In any automobile
where allowed removal of rear seats, upholstery,
etc., creates an opening between the driver/passenger
compartment and an exposed gas tank, fuel cell, or part
thereof, a metal bulkhead which completely fills such
opening shall be installed (See GCR 9.3 Fuel Cell Specifications).
2. Carpets, carpet padding, center consoles, floor mats, headliners,
sun roof liner and frame, dome lights, grab handles,
and their insulating, attaching or operating mechanisms
may be removed.
3. Any removable covers used to cover spare tires, tools,
bins, etc., may be removed along with attaching hardware
and bracketry.
4. Removal of radio and speaker components is permitted.
5. All other interior trim panels, except the dashboard, may
be removed. Other than to provide for the installation of
required safety equipment or other authorized modifications,
no other driver/passenger compartment alterations
or gutting are permitted.
6. Removal of radio and speaker components is permitted.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:29 PM
laze1

I am in for some SE-SCCA events ...with some help from my friends.

There is at least one SCCA racer here in the Atlanta Area...FCAR who races SCCA T2/T3 to help with spares...

I am in boys...we should talk!

Note 1: my car meets all safety standards, and I have all the required safety gear..been racing 3 years with NASA PTB.

Note 2: I run 17x10s and I have Tein Coil overs, but can swap those out as needed to run SCCA if some Loaners are available

Note 3: where do I start with getting a SCCA regional comp license?

Last edited by laze1; 10-25-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Fluid1

It's been a while. what class would my LQ9 turbo 600Z fall into?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 AM
racerbob4

There is at least one SCCA racer here in the Atlanta Area...FCAR who races SCCA T2/T3 to help with spares...

Note 1: my car meets all safety standards, and I have all the required safety gear..been racing 3 years with NASA PTB.

Note 2: I run 17x10s and I have Tein Coil overs, but can swap those out as needed to run SCCA if some Loaners are available

Long email sent with lots of phone numbers, information and contacts to make things easier for you. Good luck and I hope that you will join us in 2012 racing SCCA. Bob Hines
Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 AM
fcar

I am selling the T2 350Z, 40' aluminum trailer and SpecMiata as I'm quitting racing so let me know how I can help. If you/anyone knows anybody that may be interested, let me know.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:53 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fcar
I am selling the T2 350Z, 40' aluminum trailer and SpecMiata as I'm quitting racing so let me know how I can help. If you/anyone knows anybody that may be interested, let me know.
I may know people interested in all of that. Do you have the details of the sales posted anywhere?
Old 10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
fcar

Sure, 11/25/2010 in this forum. Any info needed, just ask.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:41 PM
racerbob4

Default selling car and trailer

Put your ad in sccaforums.com in two places, for sale and in the T1-T2-T3 section. I don't know who you are or how to contact you so put in a phone number as well as prices and pictures are always good. You can also mention that the T2 car is easily converted to T3.

Sorry to see you quit. If you dont sell the Z car would you be interested in a race to race rental or a season rental? The guy who finished 2nd at the runoffs in T3 rented that car for 2011. It was a Honda that my son put on the pole a couple of years ago at Heartland Park and had our set-up on it.

Bob Hines

Last edited by racerbob4; 10-26-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:06 AM
laze1

Got it...thnx!

Originally Posted by racerbob4
Long email sent with lots of phone numbers, information and contacts to make things easier for you. Good luck and I hope that you will join us in 2012 racing SCCA. Bob Hines
Old 10-27-2011, 04:12 AM
laze1

Hey fcar, too bad i never had a chance to come and visit with you at the track. I know it is a very tough decision you have made. Good luck moving forward!

Originally Posted by fcar
Old 10-27-2011, 06:55 AM
fcar

My car was Brett Marrs car before he went the to the Mustangs. Check the post I referenced. I'll send PM you. Nick

Put your ad in sccaforums.com in two places, for sale and in the T1-T2-T3 section. I don't know who you are or how to contact you so put in a phone number as well as prices and pictures are always good. You can also mention that the T2 car is easily converted to T3.

Sorry to see you quit. If you dont sell the Z car would you be interested in a race to race rental or a season rental? The guy who finished 2nd at the runoffs in T3 rented that car for 2011. It was a Honda that my son put on the pole a couple of years ago at Heartland Park and had our set-up on it.

Bob Hines
Old 10-27-2011, 03:02 PM
fcar

Thanks. I'll probably see you at Road Atl for one of the NASA events or SCCA if you are willing to make a couple of changes to your car.

Hey fcar, too bad i never had a chance to come and visit with you at the track. I know it is a very tough decision you have made. Good luck moving forward!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 AM
laze1

That is the setup I really want...but that stuff is hard to come by these days....Isn't that right Racerbob?

When I was having all my issues with my current set-up, I looked for that stuff to no avail. (mainly used parts as I am Cheap as well as Laze)

Originally Posted by mhoward1
Laze, I think you would have to put a few things back in. I can't remember if you cut sheet metal or not.

Reading the rules it looks like you would have to replace the aftermarket sways, springs and such with Nissan OEM units.

Some parts are allowed though:
Nissan Motorsports part #99996-35TDK
is allowed. Nissan heavy duty spring kit part #99996-65Z3OUS,
Nismo sway bar kit #99996-RSZ3OUS allowed.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:56 AM
laze1

What is the "SCCA Board of Directors 2.5 rule"?
Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 AM
racerbob4

What is the "SCCA Board of Directors 2.5 rule"?
Its a rule that SCCA BOD made to help them get rid of classes that weren't getting enough entries in the BOD's opinion. If you missed getting an average of 2.5 entries per national race, all over the country, for a year you went on probation and if you missed having it the second year the class was to go to regional level with no national race or the runoffs. This was ok until the economy went into the crapper and then this year there were 6 or 7 classes that were going to go on probation and that was the last straw. So the BOD came to their senses and resinded it for at least two years.

Last edited by racerbob4; 10-30-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:52 AM
laze1

got it...thnx!

Its a rule that SCCA BOD made to help them get rid of classes that weren't getting enough entries in the BOD's opinion. If you missed getting an average of 2.5 entries per national race, all over the country, for a year you went on probation and if you missed having it the second year the class was to go to regional level with no national race or the runoffs. This was ok until the economy went into the crapper and then this year there were 6 or 7 classes that were going to go on probation and that was the last straw. So the BOD came to their senses and resinded it for at least two years.