Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Kirk 4-pt Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 07:46 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Kirk 4-pt Installation

apologies ahead of time if this topic exists, but I have searched extensively and have not found this info.

I am curious to know how difficult it is to install the Kirk 4-pt Bolt-In Roll Bar. Is it a pretty straight forward installation, or is there anything particularly complicated about it?

Are there tips learned from any of your previous installations?

Also, any recommended place to order it for someone living in Miami? Direct from Kirk is best?

thanks
Old 03-24-2012, 07:48 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hndumafia
apologies ahead of time if this topic exists, but I have searched extensively and have not found this info.

I am curious to know how difficult it is to install the Kirk 4-pt Bolt-In Roll Bar. Is it a pretty straight forward installation, or is there anything particularly complicated about it?

Are there tips learned from any of your previous installations?

Also, any recommended place to order it for someone living in Miami? Direct from Kirk is best?

thanks
You should PM Flo-ridaz33 on here. hes from florida and i think he ordered it form JDS motoring, maybe he can chiime in. i sent him a PM about the same thing, waiting for a response though.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I just PM'd you Andrew... OP the cage install is pretty straight forward BUT your car will dictate the ease of install. My floorboard had to be trimmed a little(removing some body sealer) and that may not be the case for your car. Here's a quick synopsis of what Danny and I did, where we had problems, and what we could've done better:

When you initially put the cage in, it's going to be about 4inches forward of the B-pillar. Your going to have to push it back into the chassis... so your essentially "bending" the floorboard around the cage. Next is X pipe install... if you plan on painting the cage, make sure the painter doesn't put a lot of paint on the top of the X pipe because the sleeve's(coupler's) will have to be slid down on that side to be able to place the X for install. Next is drilling the holes for the bolts... use painters tape to protect the bar because while drilling you might scrape the cage tubes. We opted to cut the rear plastics in 1/2 so that the install was done without much drama. I'd highly recommend you contact Danny at Slammered-Inc because he's done numerous of these cages and he's in Davie, FL. Jblz and I both got ours installed by Danny and he does very good work.

Last edited by Flo-ridaZ33; 03-25-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:34 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

superblack & flo-rida - thanks!

flo - the install sounds pretty painless, and should be even easier with a friend helping. I won't be doing the x-bar since I believe it is not legal for NASA. And there are no plastics left in the back so even easier.

are there any reinforcement parts/panels that come with the roll-bar, or does the bar just drill right into whatever parts of the car? Danny is greengoblin right? the work he did on his car looked really impressive.

btw, where did you order the kirk bar from, and would you recommend that source? JDS as superblack mentioned?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

I ordered mine thru beta motorsports, install required a little sealant trimming and a few taps with a hammer in places. All well worth it.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:36 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by terrasmak
I ordered mine thru beta motorsports, install required a little sealant trimming and a few taps with a hammer in places. All well worth it.
Are you running one with the X pipe?
Old 03-25-2012, 04:55 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Nope, will install my own X later , actually it will probably just be a diagonal bar in the back. It will happen when we weld in the front half.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Ok just curious... I was planning to do light tracking on my car at this deployments end and I've been told I can use it for HPDE 1 but nothing more.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by hndumafia
superblack & flo-rida - thanks!

flo - the install sounds pretty painless, and should be even easier with a friend helping. I won't be doing the x-bar since I believe it is not legal for NASA. And there are no plastics left in the back so even easier.

are there any reinforcement parts/panels that come with the roll-bar, or does the bar just drill right into whatever parts of the car? Danny is greengoblin right? the work he did on his car looked really impressive.

btw, where did you order the kirk bar from, and would you recommend that source? JDS as superblack mentioned?
I received mine used from Jas, it came out of their shop car. Contact Jas as he'll have the answer to every question you may have. Yes Danny is the GreenGoblin and he did great work on my car.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:11 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Ok just curious... I was planning to do light tracking on my car at this deployments end and I've been told I can use it for HPDE 1 but nothing more.
It will work for everything except Wheel to Wheel racing.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:30 PM
jblz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Flo-Rida mentioned...im in Miami, have a kirk 4-pt, and Danny did the install. He's got it down to a science at this point. Sounds like Flo's filled you in on the rest.

GL with it.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:14 PM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Order it straight from Kirk, I have then shipped to me for ease of transport. Done a handful now, requires some finesse.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Order it straight from Kirk, I have then shipped to me for ease of transport. Done a handful now, requires some finesse and a mallet.
Fixed, I remember you and I looking at it thinking "WTF"?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:06 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice choice. i have the same cage with the X bar. Flo Rida hit it spot on with his detailed instruction. post pics once it's installed!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Easy install, took me about an hour by myself. I could have used a 2nd hand to lift the roll bar into the car since it's a little challenging to do alone. I did tap the sideskirt while I pulled it in. I needed to buy all the hardware for mine as well.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:16 AM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

You and me Raj...lets do this and the trans...teach a man to fish and all that...

If we encounter any problems we can do the manly thing and ask for directions, err I mean pull out the hammer HA.

IIRC Kirk is out of Alabama, so the shipping wont be so bad.

What color are you thinking?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:37 PM
rawlz

I just wanted to bring this thread back to life and just ask if people could post pics of the interfaces like the backing plates and how you mounted it. I just picked up a kirk bar with a X-brace and am looking to install it myself this weekend.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:05 PM
vrbigdish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def. an easy install just watch the rear view. Also ordered mine from kirk direct.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by rawlz
I just wanted to bring this thread back to life and just ask if people could post pics of the interfaces like the backing plates and how you mounted it. I just picked up a kirk bar with a X-brace and am looking to install it myself this weekend.

Thanks.
Just remember when you put the main hoop in, it's going to sit forward of the B-pillar. Push it back towards the trunk and it'll sit in place.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 PM
rawlz

soo.... anyone want to post pics? turns out im installing it next weekend. I'll be glad to suplement with more pics once i get it installed.

I do appreciate the insight though... i will definitely keep that in mind.

thanks!

Last edited by rawlz; 09-04-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Kirk 4-pt Installation