Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

New Donkey in Town

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 11:28 AM
JBJ

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KicoD
Twist . . . my . . . arm. Ok, I'll look into it. Thanks.
https://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/
Old 11-03-2015, 12:15 PM
DmanG281

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you'll be driving in my neck of the woods. I just moved down from Dixie and plan to attend some Central Florida Autocrosses myself. Once its not 100 in the shade, which I think should be soonish.........right?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:32 AM
KicoD

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey E-1, been a couple of frustrating weeks trying to install by Sparco Evo III seat but its finally accomplished. Had two problems:

Problem 1: Width. On the inside. The seat belt latch became wedge between the outside of the seat and the emergency break. Solution? A 6 inch seat belt extender that clips into place. On the outside. The wing of the seat was jamming against the door. The door could close but eventually either the window or the window motor would be damaged. Solution? Professional upholsters and $30. They trimmed back the seat about an inch and sewed the fabric. Looks new.

Problem 2: Height. Stacking the Planted Tech bracket on top of the Summit Racing Sliders with the Sparco side brackets left me with about 1/2 clearance between my head and the liner. Four possible solutions. (1) Remove the Slider. No go, No slider, No wife drive, no me drive, no fun; (2) get a wider slider to allow the seat to rest lower (suggested by Sparco), no go, contacted several vendors, they don't make them; (3) notch the seat, no go, concerns about safety and resale value; and (4) spend $400 to custom cut and weld everything together to gain 1 1/2 inches. Solution, have poker buddies at Hard Rock in Tampa "sponsor" option 4.

Unfortunately, work not done in time for Nov. 22 Autocross at Easter Florida State College - Palm Bay. Went any way with my son and my brother in-law to watch and learn without pressure. The track was wet and the first few runs were "entertaining." However, everyone definitely got their moneys worth as the group that I watch go to do 7 runs. They all improved. My favorite were a grey S2000 and a green 350z. They guy in the 350z was going for it and I wished I had my car there to see how I would have done against him. He was 6'3" and basically seating on the floor boards. He seemed like a nice guy. My guess is that his spine will be dust in few years.

Ok, December 6th in Deland is the last race of the year and I'm finally ready and planning to be there. It's time for this ZED turn a wheel in anger!
Old 11-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Another option:

Our next event is 12/5 and 12/6. (In Fort myers area)

On Saturday we offer a novice school with one-on-one instructor time and a lot of seat time.

http://gulfcoastautocrossers.com/