Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

4.08 FD vs Stock FD on tracks : your choice

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 11:13 AM
GodISmE

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I definitely wasn't going to do it myself ! I wouldn't bother even if I knew how to do it. So I need these 2 gears and the rest is just stuff needed to do the job? Cost? $500 for just the gears?
... and spelling it Cracow when writing in English is not ridiculous at all, unlike your comment about 1.0L cars in Poland lol
www.krakow-info.com/cracow.htm

Last edited by GodISmE; 07-20-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Dblock55

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GodISmE
I definitely wasn't going to do it myself ! I wouldn't bother even if I knew how to do it. So I need these 2 gears and the rest is just stuff needed to do the job? Cost? $500 for just the gears?
... and spelling it Cracow when writing in English is not ridiculous at all, unlike your comment about 1.0L cars in Poland lol
www.krakow-info.com/cracow.htm
Yea thats the beauty of owning a z... everything is overpriced! I picked my FD gears up used for $200, if youre not in a rush you could probably snag them eventually from a member on the forum. The bearing, crush washers,seal, shims and gaskets are also items you need to buy to complete the job, not tools... the only specialty tools for this job would be a puller for the pinion flange and a in-lb dial torque wrench... but if you're having a shop do it they will have all that so its not something you need to worry about supplying. Let me know when you get this done!!! Going from my 3.5 open diff to the 4.08 quaife lsd was an amazing upgrade... expect your fuel economy to ehhhhhh, whats the word SUCK lol but my car is a pure race car now so i dont worry about such insignificant things

Fair enough on the english version of spelling, i actually wasnt even aware this was a thing... i would still expect a native to spell it with a K As far as the engine displacement comment goes... see below graph.. owning any Petrol engine over 2000cm3 displacement puts you in the 1.9 percentile of all personal passenger cars in Poland.... im sure a 3499cm3 put you in 0.01 percentile See below graphs courtesy Eurostat (official EU statistic website):

Last edited by Dblock55; 07-20-2016 at 11:58 AM.