Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

April 2004 NASA Mid-Ohio Track weekend synopsis

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 02:17 PM
ellisnc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That guy has the same last name as me but it's not me

I think he was either in the stock blue WRX or that Olds Calais.

There's some good pictures of some Z's there!!!

Actually, talked to the guy that stuffed his S2k on Sunday and the car isn't totalled... Just did most of the damage to the front. He was over borrowing a 3/4 ton pickup from a neighbor of mine to haul the car to the body shop. Said he didn't realize how wet it was in the braking zone then and basically missed the rev-match and spun the car on cold Hoosiers I was outside putting my stock S2k wheels w/ Hoosiers in the back of the Accord to change the tires for autocross next weekend and he's like "oh I have the same ones" I'm like, did you stuff your car last weekend and he's like yeah and I said, yeah, I was on track when that happened. Amusing conversation ensued.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:01 PM
jcan

Anyone out there know how to get ahold of the guy who did his S2000 at Mid-Ohio last weekend?
I have a stock front sway bar he can have at no charge if he'll pick it up. I will ship it if he wants if he'll cover that cost. My S is gone and not coming back and I'm just going to discard it otherwise. I realize it would be a small part of his repair, but maybe it will help a little.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:23 PM
ellisnc

Originally posted by jcan
Anyone out there know how to get ahold of the guy who did his S2000 at Mid-Ohio last weekend?
I have a stock front sway bar he can have at no charge if he'll pick it up. I will ship it if he wants if he'll cover that cost. My S is gone and not coming back and I'm just going to discard it otherwise. I realize it would be a small part of his repair, but maybe it will help a little.
PM'd you the contact info...
Old 09-01-2004, 05:04 AM
Jason H

Originally posted by Jason H
SWEET! Glad to hear John! CONGRATS! And thanks again for organizing the Z discount.

I've got to say, the weather sucked this past weekend, but the company couldn't have been better! It was nice to finally meet everyone. SO, when's the next track day that the Zs are going to take over???

BTW, for those of you who left early, my uncle is doing fine...he wasn't even sore the next day. Wish I could say the same for his car. This is what happens to your car when you hit the wall going into turn 7.

Drive on!
J
For those of you who were at that cold and wet MO event, just wanted to give you guys an update. My uncle's S2k has been put back together again (see before and after pic below) and he's looking forward to getting back on the track with us Zs!
Attached Thumbnails April 2004 NASA Mid-Ohio Track weekend synopsis-s2kb4_aftr.gif  
Old 09-01-2004, 07:48 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the work was just recently completed? Hope to see him at MO next April!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Jason H

Originally posted by John
So the work was just recently completed? Hope to see him at MO next April!
Yep, the work was just completed. Took all summer to put her back together. I'm sure he'll be at MO next April! He's going with me to Putnam Oct 2nd. Hope to catch up with you at a track event real soon
Old 09-01-2004, 05:18 PM
SWILD

Originally posted by Jason H
Yep, the work was just completed. Took all summer to put her back together. I'm sure he'll be at MO next April! He's going with me to Putnam Oct 2nd. Hope to catch up with you at a track event real soon
Jason, consider going to the Tracquest event this Labor Day at Mid Ohio...lots of track time , great group.

STEVE
Old 09-01-2004, 06:32 PM
John

Hey there Steve! How are things?

I'd like to make the TracQuest event, but I'm stuck working through the weekend (fun with fiscal year budget submissions). Perhaps you all would be adventurous to do the TracQuest event over Thanksgiving weekend at Barber? I'm planning on making a vacation out of that event....
Old 09-02-2004, 03:44 AM
SWILD

Hey John,

No can do (Barber).

Any plans to come back to Mid Ohio?

Just did the NASA event here. Kinda sucked as there was a lot of waiting and less driving. The Tracquest event is one of the best as there is ample track time.Maybe you and the gang can come out next Memorial Day.

You'll be happy to know that I have starting turning my z into a race car...Sparco seats/belts , rotors,pads,sways,roll bar,brake ducting,9.5" / 10" wheels, soft perf rubber, front and rear control arms.

STEVE
Old 09-02-2004, 04:56 AM
Jason H

Originally posted by SWILD
Jason, consider going to the Tracquest event this Labor Day at Mid Ohio...lots of track time , great group.

STEVE

Hey Steve...I'd love to go up there but I'm booked up Labor day There is a regaional race on Sept 12 @ MO that I plan on racing. Should be a good crowd as the Runoffs are 2 weeks after!

Later,
J
Old 09-02-2004, 07:31 AM
John

Originally posted by SWILD
Hey John,

No can do (Barber).

Any plans to come back to Mid Ohio?

Just did the NASA event here. Kinda sucked as there was a lot of waiting and less driving. The Tracquest event is one of the best as there is ample track time.Maybe you and the gang can come out next Memorial Day.

You'll be happy to know that I have starting turning my z into a race car...Sparco seats/belts , rotors,pads,sways,roll bar,brake ducting,9.5" / 10" wheels, soft perf rubber, front and rear control arms.

STEVE
I'm planning on making the April NASA Mid-Ohio event again next year.

I did hear from some friends that the last NASA event was plagued with horrible weather, lots of accidents, poor communication, etc. I think it was a case of too much going on in one weekend for the OH-IN organizers could handle since they're not used to that level of magnitude (the VA region was plagued with this problem for awhile too).

Good to hear your Z is turning into a track car. Who did your roll bar? What wheels did you go with and what size rubber?
Old 09-02-2004, 01:16 PM
SWILD

Wright tuning did all the work (Cincinnati). They had their fabricator do the roll bar for $800 after I bought a roll cage from Kirk Racing Products via internet and it did not fit.

Went with Volk GT7 wheels , pricey. Toyo , I think RA4's and 275'si n the rear and 265's in the front ...but , I could be wrong and the car isn't here to check.