Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

PR from our latest race.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PR from our latest race.....

PERFORMANCE NISSAN RACING #33 AND #23 PUT ON A SHOW AT PHOENIX

April 12, 2004 – Rosamond CA

Running under the lights at Phoenix, the Performance Nissan Racing team experienced just about every emotion possible during the race Friday night. The #33 350Z driven by Mike Cronin Jr. and Stu Hayner qualified on the pole with a new track record time of 107.412 and lead the first 75 laps before a broken half shaft brought them into the pits. The crew quickly repaired the car and sent it back out to try to salvage as many
points as possible. “We had the field covered and gained 5 seconds over the second place #44 Porsche on the pit stop. Stu jumped in and was pulling away from Terry Borcheller in the #44. It just wasn’t meant to be this time, but we were pleased with the performance of the car and with the fantastic job done by Mike and Stu”, said crew chief Jackson Stewart.

Meanwhile, the #23 350Z driven by Blake Rosser and Kelly Collins was starting 23rd due to a crash during qualifying. The crew did an amazing job getting the car back together for the race four hours later. Blake was able to work himself up to 7th before handing the car over to Kelly. Kelly set off after the field and was consistently the fastest car on the track at the time, battling his way by the Audi and several Porsches. Time ran out on Kelly and the #23 settled for 3rd, the first podium for Blake and Kelly. “I had a great time running the Nissan. We started in a hole but were able to climb back almost to the top. I haven’t run a street stock car like that in a long time but it was a lot of fun”, said Kelly after the race.

“Overall I think we had a very successful and exciting weekend. The cars were fast, the drivers were spot-on, and the crew was on top of every situation. Unfortunately we had a part fail, but we are looking forward to a win at Mt. Tremblant”, said team owner Mike Cronin Sr.

Performance Nissan Racing would like to thank Michiel Shuitemaker and John Wright of Shuitemaker Motorsports for generously loaning parts to repair the #23.

Please note the time change for the broadcast of the Phoenix Grand Am 200. It will air on Speed Channel April 18th at 9 AM Pacific Time.

For more information, results, photos, and more go to
www.performancenissanracing.com
<http://www.performancenissanracing.com/>

Contact information

Melinda Stewart

Unitech Racing, Inc.

661 256-7870

Email goteam@performancenissanracing.com
Old 04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Jason Bourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing the race on Speed this weekend.

Can't wait until you guys hit WGI so that I can see you guys running a track I have actually driven!