Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Latest info... and a 3rd car too...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 04:28 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Latest info... and a 3rd car too...

PERFORMANCE NISSAN RACING SIGNS ROSSER AND COLLINS FOR FULL SEASON

April 27, 2004 – Rosamond CA

Performance Nissan Racing announced today the signing of Blake Rosser and Kelly Collins to drive the #23 350Z for the rest of the Grand Am Cup 2004 season. The duo debuted in the #23 350Z two weeks ago at the Phoenix Grand Am Cup Twin 200, scoring an impressive third place podium finish.

“I am looking forward to running the entire season with Performance Nissan Racing. Kelly and I are in a good position points wise and feel we have a real chance at a top five finish in the championship despite missing the first two races”, said driver Blake Rosser.

Unitech Racing, Inc. has begun construction on Performance Nissan Racings’ third 350Z, with a possibility of a Mid Ohio debut. “We are
really excited by the increase in growth and prestige shown by the Grand Am Cup series. Running a first class multi-car effort in this series will really showcase the performance of the Nissan 350Z”, said Unitech Racing owner Jackson Stewart.

Next up for the Grand Am Cup Series is the Mont Tremblant 250,
scheduled to run Saturday May 22. Speed Channel will air the race Sunday May 30th at 9:00am Pacific Time. Please check your listings as things do change. Follow the race live on the Grand American website Zippo Live Timing and Scoring.

For more information and photos please go to www.performancenissanracing.com
<http://www.performancenissanracing.com/>.

Contact Information

Melinda Stewart

Unitech Racing

661 256-7870

goteam@performancenissanracing.com
Old 04-28-2004, 04:53 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool news Jeff. Who's in the third car? There could be 5 350Z's running if BJ's guys get both cars out there! We are just now getting to tracks where the 350Z should really do well.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:07 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

What up Mark!! Hey, you have an alert or something set on the road race stuff??? You seem to find it seconds after I post. Not much action on this side of the Forum and I found out most people on the forum don't even know we run road race cars.... We are still under construction on car 3 but the search for drivers is on. We would also like to build a 4th car for next season and the way things are going for us here at the dealer I would say it will probably happen.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:27 AM
jmark

Jeff,

I get the PR stuff from Melinda emailed to me. Plus I usually check out your post too.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:41 AM
mcclaskz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be happy to lend my expertise for the 3rd car. I can't wait to see a 350Z first win...
Old 04-28-2004, 06:10 AM
Jason Bourne

Seriously, if you guys want an extra driver, give me a ring.

I'll do it for free and I'll run good lap times. Promise.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

That's great news, Jeff! My '03 Miata Cup teammate and I have been talking about a foray into Grand-Am Cup for later this year. We'd certainly like to run CA Speedway if nothing else. Maybe we'll see you at a race one day soon.

Looks like I'll have the Roadster on the track next weekend for two days of instructing at Buttonwillow. I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited by Scott Webb; 04-28-2004 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:46 AM
jmark

Originally posted by Scott Webb
That's great news, Jeff! My '03 Miata Cup teammate and I have been talking about a foray into Grand-Am Cup for later this year. We'd certainly like to run CA Speedway if nothing else. Maybe we'll see you at a race one day soon.

Looks like I'll have the Roadster on the track next weekend for two days of instructing at Buttonwillow. I'm looking forward to it!
Scott,

TC mentioned he would be at Buttonwillow this weekend for a Double National in his 350Z. Thought you might check it our for us and report back. Car is for sale too.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Scott Webb

Originally posted by jmark
Scott,

TC mentioned he would be at Buttonwillow this weekend for a Double National in his 350Z. Thought you might check it our for us and report back. Car is for sale too.
I've thought about stopping by Buttonwillow this weekend to see what's going on. If I do, I'll try to snap some photos and report back anything interesting.

I'm actually liquidating my racing inventory at the present time (race car, enclosed trailer, open trailer, tow van, sailboat), so acquisition of another race car isn't high on my priority list. However, I've already had some initial conversation with TC about driving one of his Z4's in GA Cup later this year.

But I'd really love to drive for Unitech/Performance Nissan - especially since they're a local team and given my Z connection with Nissan already. Unfortunately, I don't think the necessary funding will be forthcoming to secure a ride with them. Racing ain't cheap, and racing a 350Z REALLY ain't cheap.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:52 AM
mpowers

I saw his car was for sale in sports car magazine. Do you know why? Just curious
Old 04-28-2004, 10:54 AM
jmark

Originally posted by Scott Webb
I've thought about stopping by Buttonwillow this weekend to see what's going on. If I do, I'll try to snap some photos and report back anything interesting.

I'm actually liquidating my racing inventory at the present time (race car, enclosed trailer, open trailer, tow van, sailboat), so acquisition of another race car isn't high on my priority list. However, I've already had some initial conversation with TC about driving one of his Z4's in GA Cup later this year.

But I'd really love to drive for Unitech/Performance Nissan - especially since they're a local team and given my Z connection with Nissan already. Unfortunately, I don't think the necessary funding will be forthcoming to secure a ride with them. Racing ain't cheap, and racing a 350Z REALLY ain't cheap.
Scott,

I believe TC quoted me $36K for the PPW Track he took 3rd at the Runoffs in. I guess he has the yellow 350Z on the west coast for this weekend. The head is off the PPW one from the tech at the Runoffs. I was at the WC race in RA this weekend to watch my friend Neal Sapp run TC's BMW. He will be running the LR WC race too. He is hoping to run some of the GA Cup races with TC also. Neal has a lot of talent but no money to pay for rides! I'd love to see Neal in one of the GA Cup 350Z's! If you watched the last televised GA Cup race in Phoenix Neal was the one giving the leaders a hard time in TC's Z4.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:57 AM
jmark

Originally posted by mpowers
I saw his car was for sale in sports car magazine. Do you know why? Just curious
He didn't say why and I didn't ask. I figure he is needing the money to build something else. I assume the ad was for the PPW 350Z.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:01 PM
mpowers

Yes it was the white one and I did not know he had a yellow one as well. This is great their is so much Z participation. Reminds me of the early 90' with chip robinson ( IMSA I remebered that correctly) and steve millen and the 70's with john morton and the like. Good times
Old 04-28-2004, 02:33 PM
jmark

Originally posted by mpowers
Yes it was the white one and I did not know he had a yellow one as well. This is great their is so much Z participation. Reminds me of the early 90' with chip robinson ( IMSA I remebered that correctly) and steve millen and the 70's with john morton and the like. Good times
Yea it is neat. The yellow Z was originally the CS one. It was crashed by Hal Brown and repainted yellow. He was taken out of the Runoffs in a crash. So if I were buying one it would be the PPW one. A win for the GA Cup Z's is close too!
Old 04-30-2004, 06:33 AM
ALong

Scott W,
long time no talk, what are you planning on running this year?

Alex Long
Old 04-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Scott Webb

Originally posted by ALong
Scott W,
long time no talk, what are you planning on running this year?

Alex Long
Hi Alex,

I have no firm plans for this year. I will try to run a few endurance races, including the Cal Club 6-Hour and the 25 Hours of Thunderhill - and maybe the Grand-Am Cup at California Speedway. If I stumble onto a decent budget, I'd actually like to run several GA Cup events in the second half of the season.

Do I remember correctly that you now have a T2 350Z? I'm jealous!
Old 04-30-2004, 10:31 AM
ALong

Hi, Scott,
I'm still building the T2 car right now, hope to have it done in the next month or so. I'll miss most of the west coast stuff this year and have to skip the Runoffs again (unfortunately) but next year I am planning on doing a bunch of Nationals and the Runoffs, hopefully I will get down your way for the Phoenix races and the Fontana race

Alex
Old 05-03-2004, 08:06 PM
pimp1911

First Congrats Jeff and the performance racing team. I am a member of the fan club and glad to see that you guys are adding an additional car. Are you guys sticking with Chrome Silver paint on the cars? I am little biased as you can see by my avatar.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Think the 3rd car will be blue but is still in up in the air... wait till you see what we are planning for you local guys for the Fontana event!!! Oh, I'm not supposed to say anything yet.... But I promise you it will be the party of the year!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 04:58 AM
jmark

Hey Jeff,

What about us east coast fans who are coming to VIR & Barber?

Quick Reply: Latest info... and a 3rd car too...