Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

PR from the Glen.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 04:15 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PR from the Glen.....

Sorry I didn't post this last week... I've been out for the past couple weeks.... Jeff

PERFORMANCE NISSAN RACING RUNS UP FRONT AT THE GLEN

June 24th, 2003 – Rosamond CA

The Performance Nissan Racing team arrived at the Glen with the #33 and #23 350Zs ready to race for the win. Both cars were free of the mechanical gremlins that had taken them out of the lead of the two previous rounds of the Grand Am Cup Series.

Qualifying was held on a wet but drying track. Both Mike Cronin Jr. in the #33 and Blake Rosser in the #23 got one lap in before qualifying was red flagged. The session officially ended, leaving Blake in the 4th spot and Mike in the 8th position. “It was unfortunate that the session ended after only one lap. I felt really strong and the car was capable of getting the pole”, said Mike Cronin Jr.

The race started under perfect conditions, sunny and cool. Because of his wrist injury Blake Rosser was only planning to run to the first yellow. The first of 9 yellow flags was flown at lap 7, prompting Blake to bring the #23 in and let Boris Said take over. Boris quickly made his way to the front and took over the lead. Meanwhile, the #33 with Mike Cronin Jr. was positioned up front when Stu Hayner took over. With 20 minutes left in the race Stu was running 1st in the #33 and Kelly Collins was running 3rd in the #23. Both cars continued to battle up front until an altercation on the last green flag lap took Stu in the #33 out of the lead and into the tire wall. Kelly in the #23 was able to hold onto 6th place in the melee. Stu was able to re-enter the track in
14th. The race ended under yellow, thereby ending Performance Nissan Racings chance at the win.

“Although it was an extremely disappointing result, we felt that both cars had performed really well all weekend. We were fast and our reliability problems seemed to be solved. Unfortunately it was more of a free-for-all instead of a race. We needed longer green flag runs to get away from the field, but that never happened”, said crew chief Jackson Stewart.

Speed Channel will air the Watkins Glen 250 June 27th at 11:00 am Pacific Time. Please check your local listings as the times frequently change.

The next round of the Grand Am Cup Series will be run at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course, August 6th – 8th. Go to grand-am.com for the complete schedule or to follow along with Zippo Live Timing and Scoring.

For more team information and photos go to
www.performancenissanracing.com
<http://www.performancenissanracing.com/>.

Contact Information

Melinda Stewart

Unitech Racing

661 256-7870, email goteam@performancenissanracing.com
Old 06-28-2004, 06:31 AM
dwnshift

Almost makes it sound like I didnt pass Stu on the outside going into the bustop for the lead.......
Oh well
Old 06-28-2004, 06:36 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Speed coverage kinda missed that part..........
Old 06-28-2004, 06:40 AM
dwnshift

Old 06-28-2004, 06:42 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I thought the coverage kinda sucked. They take a 3 hour race and try to cram it into a 1 hr. time slot. I followed the race on the GA T&S link so I knew what to look for.....
Old 06-28-2004, 07:11 AM
John

Where I was disappointed with the coverage is that they ignored a lot of highlights in place of showing the cars lap the Glen under yellow. What's your take on Sheehan (S4) and Dorsey (M3) going into the foam barrier in T8?

Last edited by John; 06-28-2004 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by dwnshift
Almost makes it sound like I didnt pass Stu on the outside going into the bustop for the lead.......
Oh well
Hey BJ... nobody over here is doubting your abilities or down playing the awesome job you did on the race... but our Press Releases are about our team. We don't mention who won, or wrecked our car... this is all about us...
BTW: I'll take this chance to say "WHAT A GREAT JOB YOU DID!!!!" Now that we're heading to your back yard.... I would hope to see a win in your teams future.... but don't tell anyone I said that...
Old 06-28-2004, 07:47 AM
John

What was the reaction from your team after Murry punted Hayner going into T5? "Hey, that's racin'"...
Old 06-28-2004, 07:57 AM
dwnshift

Jeff......I am just playing with you.
Performacne gang is doing a good job.
Alll the Z's did a great job up there.
The next few rounds ..the Z's should be very strong.
Well jsut see how this all plays out.
THe Porsches are trying to be political because they dont want what they need..........more weight added t them.
The weight to the Caddy worked.....they still ran competitive laps...but now Borcheller is sayign that he has to drive the car to hard.....hmmmmmmmm isnt that racing???
Old 06-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by John
What was the reaction from your team after Murry punted Hayner going into T5? "Hey, that's racin'"...
AAAHHHHH..... ya'.... that's what they said..
Old 06-28-2004, 09:09 AM
OC_350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job guys, it was nice to see some Z's in action. Good luck on your next event, I'll be watching.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:07 PM
pimp1911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up to both teams. Glad we created some buzz.