Notices

DIY: How to install Non HID lights on a HID 350z

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DIY: How to install Non HID lights on a HID 350z

I am providing this because I feel the previous thread wasnt sufficient nor was it in this section. It also had crappy pics and no explanation for a Non Car savvy person to tackle this. The following instructions should be easy enough for a caveman to install..

You need the following,

1. Electric Tape
2. Non HID lights
3. Pick and Hook Tool Set
4. 10mm socket/ extension

Here are the pick and hook tools you will utilize

I will start the instructions right at where you already remove your bumper and old headlights.

From there...

Step 1: Take the HOOK tool and slowly/gently pull out the green gasket and orange spacer out the Non HID Headlight Connector as in the pic below..

Step 2: Once you take the gasket/orange prong holder off you will be able to pull all the 6 prongs out the connector slowly by using the STRAIGHT pick tool and prying the grey hooks off the Silver prongs slowly.. You can see the grey plastic hooks I am talking about in this picture...

Step 3: From here all the rest is common sense, you will do the same of the HID connector on your 350z, but you will leave the black/white ground and the red/blue wire as they are not useable with the Non HID lights. You can see what I just explained in the pic below..

Step 4: Keep in mind I am showing the following step having already electric taped the metal prongs and female connectors together. ( I actually went back to remove headlight/take pictures to make this DIY) In this step you will connect the Male Headlight prongs to the Female 350z HID Connector prongs..

6 Non HID wires
3 Non HID light wire colors were sectioned off as GREEN/BLACK, BLACK, GREEN/WHITE, see pic..

The other 3 non HID wire colors sectioned off were BLUE, BLACK, and RED as seen below..

1. You will connect the Non HID GREEN/BLACK wire to the 350Z HID PURPLE/WHITE WIRE

2. You will connect the Non HID BLACK wire to the 350z HID BLACK wire with Silver Marks

3. You will connect the Non HID GREEN/WHITE wire to the 350z RED/BLUE wire

Other section
4. You will connect the Non HID BLUE wire to the 350z HID BROWN wire

5. You will connect the Non HID BLACK wire to the 350z HID BLACK wire with Silver Marks

6. You will connect the Non HID RED wire to the 350z RED wire with Silver Marks

You will then tape the 3 sets of each as in this pic..

This makes them easily accessible later if you want to re-install HID lights. I also left in the 350 HID connector and taped it off with electric tape.. I saved all of the connectors, gasket, and green/orange plastic prong holding parts.

Install lights with the (4) 10mm bolts and you are done.....

There ya go... I did this for those who want to sell your 06-08 HIDs to make some extra cash or just anyone who like myself needed temporary Projector lights while I make a HID change to my car..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 10-26-2009 at 04:58 PM.