Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

S-tune Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:59 PM
manofsteele2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked on ebay again to find the guy that sells the NISMO products but I've had no luck. He sells almost all the 350Z NISMO parts: headers, suspension, sway bars, rims and cams. I can't seem to find him now and I didn't save his user name.

Figures, when I want to buy the parts he's not selling any, damn. I'll keep looking till he pops up again, his buy it now prices are extremely good.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:15 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: s tune suspension

Originally posted by jcpeyton
I'd like to install the s tune suspension kit on my 2004 Roadster but have received differing advice-some say the s tune doesn't fit the Roadster. Can anyone say for sure?

Also, Ive been looking at the Hotchkiss bar/spring combo. It's 3 position progressive and a LOT less expensive than nismo (although no shocks included-just bars and springs). Has anyone installed the nismo kit or the Hotchkiss kit? I want to add a suspension package but need help from those who know. Thanks.
No issues on the roadster. I have the suspension and sways. Fits perfectly. Rides perfectly, incredible handling. Should have come this way stock. Can't comment on the Hotchkiss.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
jcpeyton

Originally posted by manofsteele2003
I looked on ebay again to find the guy that sells the NISMO products but I've had no luck. He sells almost all the 350Z NISMO parts: headers, suspension, sway bars, rims and cams. I can't seem to find him now and I didn't save his user name.

Figures, when I want to buy the parts he's not selling any, damn. I'll keep looking till he pops up again, his buy it now prices are extremely good.
The cheapest I've seen then on ebay are almost $2k. Did the price double? Can anyone suggest a source to provide the s tune suspension at a GOOD price?
Old 01-10-2005, 07:05 PM
ZBoater

Originally posted by jcpeyton
The cheapest I've seen then on ebay are almost $2k. Did the price double? Can anyone suggest a source to provide the s tune suspension at a GOOD price?
I got my s-tune suspension new in a box from eBay for $1000. I also got brand new NISMO headers for $600. The best non-ebay price I've seen is at Performance Nissan (www.mynismo.com). With the forum discount the s-tune suspension is around $1400.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 PM
jcpeyton

Originally posted by ZBoater
I got my s-tune suspension new in a box from eBay for $1000. I also got brand new NISMO headers for $600. The best non-ebay price I've seen is at Performance Nissan (www.mynismo.com). With the forum discount the s-tune suspension is around $1400.
ZBoater--tell me you kept the ebay seller on the $1000 suspension kit--PLEASE. That;s the best price I've heard of. Anybody else who has gotten such a great price, could you please provide the seller? I want to install this kit but am having trouble finding a fair price. Thanks, ZBoater.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
ZBoater

I got the suspension from nmrgarciaparra. Here is a link to the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I haven't seen any other ones from him, but you can try to email him. The 1350 price from Performance Nissan is not bad. I got lucky with the suspension and with the headers, but outside of luck Performance Nissan has fair prices.

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:21 AM
jcpeyton

Thanks, ZBoater. I'll try both and see what I learn. I'll report back via this forum.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:00 AM
o snap its eric

isnt the nismo suspension performance the same as the tein basics? The basics got for 750 while the nismo is 1400. Hmmmm....
Old 01-13-2005, 04:51 AM
manofsteele2003

No, the NISMO set-up is not a coil over system. It is just a spring/strut combo that is tuned just for the Z. But I am sure that the NISMO name adds quit a bit to the price.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:43 PM
manofsteele2003

UPDATE TO THE PRICE OF $1000 ON EBAY!

I contacted the seller today and he said he doesn't have anymore of the NISMO stuff and will never again. He said he was selling the parts for his friend that went out of business. I'm assuming he had a performance shop.

That really sucks I was just about to buy, F**K.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:42 PM
pico350z

Originally posted by scubasteve
You'll love it. Handles great and is not overkill on ride. I've had mine installed for almost 9 months now.

-Steve
Hey, Steve, thinking about NISMO S suspension accompanied with NISMO sway bars? R U using stock sways?
--
Rich
'05 Enthu
17" stock wheels
NISMO headers & exhaust-z33
Old 01-30-2005, 03:53 PM
pico350z

I got the suspension from nmrgarciaparra. Here is a link to the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I haven't seen any other ones from him, but you can try to email him. The 1350 price from Performance Nissan is not bad. I got lucky with the suspension and with the headers, but outside of luck Performance Nissan has fair prices.

Good luck!
ZBoater: R U using stock clutch? I noticed the NISMO flywheel. I am thinking of either NISMO S tuned suspension, including NISMO sways.

On the other hand I am thinking of JWT flywheel with NISMO clutch. Not sure what's next. One or the other will go down in April. All of my driving is street. I have never been to the track--yet.
--
Rich
'05\mt
Enthusiast White
odo: 4600
NISMO headers/exhaust
17" stock wheels/rubber
Old 01-30-2005, 04:33 PM
ZBoater

Originally posted by pico350z
ZBoater: R U using stock clutch? I noticed the NISMO flywheel. I am thinking of either NISMO S tuned suspension, including NISMO sways.

On the other hand I am thinking of JWT flywheel with NISMO clutch. Not sure what's next. One or the other will go down in April. All of my driving is street. I have never been to the track--yet.
Yes, I am using with stock clutch with the NISMO flywheel. If you are not driving track, I would go with the S-tune suspension - it gives a much nicer ride. I am having a problem with my NISMO flywheel right now where I seem to have lost 17hp in my latest dyno. I am trying to work it out and will dyno again next week. The NISMO flywheel is noiser than stock, the revving is faster but a bit rougher. The car sounds like an 18 wheeler diesel truck when you are idle and standing outside listening to it. Looking back, I wish I hadn't done it. I would have much rather spent that money on some NISMO side skirts.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:47 PM
pico350z

Yes, I am using with stock clutch with the NISMO flywheel. If you are not driving track, I would go with the S-tune suspension - it gives a much nicer ride. I am having a problem with my NISMO flywheel right now where I seem to have lost 17hp in my latest dyno. I am trying to work it out and will dyno again next week. The NISMO flywheel is noiser than stock, the revving is faster but a bit rougher. The car sounds like an 18 wheeler diesel truck when you are idle and standing outside listening to it. Looking back, I wish I hadn't done it. I would have much rather spent that money on some NISMO side skirts.
Wow, 17 dyno hp's is a lot. What happened? Is there a formula that must be recomputed in order to come out with a correct reading. What I mean is, does the higher & quicker revving give some sort of false dyno reading? There must be some sort of compensation for the new flywheel, but I am not sure. I have heard of the "chatter" in other threads. JWT also rattles or makes lots of noise at idle. In one thread someone said people were looking at their Z as if there was some sort of mechanical failure occurring.

Yeah, I am going to stick with your remarks--NISMO S tune supension & sways for me. My 17" wheels will "look" like 18" wheels. Thanks for your comments; much appreciated, rich