Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Alignment & Wheel Size ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 09:16 AM
bwzabodyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment & Wheel Size ???

I have ordered a set of 19x9.5/10.5 Volk SF-winnings for my G35 coupe (another month of waiting) along with a set of Hotchkis Springs and SPC Camber Arms/Toe Cams (should have these both by the end of the week) - I'm pretty sure that my camber will be out of spec somewhat, so I have an alignment question:

If I install my springs/camber arms/toe cams now and let them settle, and then get an alignment done (with my stock 17" wheels), will my corrected alignment specs change any after I swap out the stockers for my new Volks when they come in?

My main concerns is that I do not want to have to make two trips to the alignment shop and I don't want to run the risk of the guys there scratching my new wheels with their equipment (I'm in a small town and most of the modified vehicles around here are 4x4 trucks - so they aren't exactly "gentle") - btw, should I find a shop that has done lowered cars before, or can just about any shop handle the duties?

Thanks for the comments/advice...
Old 01-04-2005, 09:55 AM
ttsupra94

They might change slightly. you should be ok but... When i lowered my car, i let the springs fully settle and then like 2 days after i put my new wheels on, i got the alignment. They were able to do it at the nissan dealership and i probably have the same size tires you got or close.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:35 PM
bwzabodyn

Thanks, TT - anyone else have any input?
Old 01-07-2005, 12:17 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

I would wait until after you get the new wheels on. Your upgrade adds considerable treadwidth and camber is related to tire contact. You should put about 500 miles on the springs to settle them in. If you can find a shop with experience on foreign and modified cars that's your best bet.