Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Apexi N1 Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 04:47 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi N1 Coilovers

Anyone know if these have hit US shores yet. Last I talked to Apexi they were on the boat over. I'm looking to get these if B&G doesn't hurry up and make their own soon.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:00 PM
protocav

can i ask you something? what's a coilover?

can i ask you something else? where can i get these?

oh...and when you get them, can i install them?
Old 01-13-2005, 07:18 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by protocav
can i ask you something? what's a coilover?

can i ask you something else? where can i get these?

oh...and when you get them, can i install them?
Old 01-15-2005, 03:57 PM
dank311

I warn you now.. Apexi absolutely sucks! I got sent a blown coilover when I got them for my S14. My car was down for 4-5 months b/c of their horrible customer service. They dont even know their own product, they aren't any help over the phone, and most of them were very rude. I went with cusco after I had the apexi's and let me say its in a different world than apexi's ****! I will NEVER get ANY Apexi products again! There are soo many coilover choices out there, why go with apexi? I would go with a company that specializes in making suspension. I would keep my eye on Cusco and Zeal, the best I have ever dealt with. I have experienced a few different setups like tein, JIC, apexi, cusco, and zeal. The first three are ABSOLUTE crap compared to the latter two! Ask anyone who has dealt with numerous suspension setups...I'm sure they will say the best things about both cusco and zeal! Just my 2 cents
Jon
Old 01-15-2005, 04:28 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by dank311
I warn you now.. Apexi absolutely sucks! I got sent a blown coilover when I got them for my S14. My car was down for 4-5 months b/c of their horrible customer service. They dont even know their own product, they aren't any help over the phone, and most of them were very rude. I went with cusco after I had the apexi's and let me say its in a different world than apexi's ****! I will NEVER get ANY Apexi products again! There are soo many coilover choices out there, why go with apexi? I would go with a company that specializes in making suspension. I would keep my eye on Cusco and Zeal, the best I have ever dealt with. I have experienced a few different setups like tein, JIC, apexi, cusco, and zeal. The first three are ABSOLUTE crap compared to the latter two! Ask anyone who has dealt with numerous suspension setups...I'm sure they will say the best things about both cusco and zeal! Just my 2 cents
Jon
Thats kind of surprising to me. I've had nothing but good stuff to say about Apexi stuff. I've never purchased their suspension stuff but I have had their S-AFCII, exhuast, gauges, etc in the past and never had a problem.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

they make great stuff....until you need tech help or have a warranty issue
Old 01-20-2005, 01:45 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

the n1 line got scrapped and now they are coming out with the n1 evolution, the z is like a year out, check your pms
Old 01-20-2005, 03:19 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
the n1 line got scrapped and now they are coming out with the n1 evolution, the z is like a year out, check your pms
got you back
Old 01-21-2005, 10:23 AM
dank311

yea, I have dealt with many apexi products in the past...electronics, exhausts(several), suspension, and intakes.

Electronics - prob the best product that apexi makes. But my friend needed some help tuning a/f on his honda, and when he called apexi, they couldnt tell him what to do....

Exhausts - I have seen and dealt with several apexi exhausts and owned a N1 dual on my S14. I had two other exhausts on my 240, and they both made more power, looked better, and didnt scrape unlike the Apexi..it sounded decent, but the power was lacking compared to the other, and it scraped everytime on speedbumps, driveways, etc..

Suspension - already commented on this above...please, go with something like cusco, or zeal! you will definately thank me later! much better quality from a much better company that knows much more about suspension.

Intakes - prob their only trouble free product...the only thing i would even consider to buy from apexi...but then again, its only a filter, I will stick with something else....just b/c I dont want to support them...EVER!

Im not trying to talk **** about their products, but if you ever have any problems or wanna return something...good luck!
Jon
Old 01-24-2005, 07:33 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by dank311
yea, I have dealt with many apexi products in the past...electronics, exhausts(several), suspension, and intakes.

Electronics - prob the best product that apexi makes. But my friend needed some help tuning a/f on his honda, and when he called apexi, they couldnt tell him what to do....

Exhausts - I have seen and dealt with several apexi exhausts and owned a N1 dual on my S14. I had two other exhausts on my 240, and they both made more power, looked better, and didnt scrape unlike the Apexi..it sounded decent, but the power was lacking compared to the other, and it scraped everytime on speedbumps, driveways, etc..

Suspension - already commented on this above...please, go with something like cusco, or zeal! you will definately thank me later! much better quality from a much better company that knows much more about suspension.

Intakes - prob their only trouble free product...the only thing i would even consider to buy from apexi...but then again, its only a filter, I will stick with something else....just b/c I dont want to support them...EVER!

Im not trying to talk **** about their products, but if you ever have any problems or wanna return something...good luck!
Jon
I can only comment on a couple things. One the S-AFC2..Hands down one of the best mods I had on my last car. Two the Apexi WS2 exhaust currently on my Z. Let me tell you the fit and finish were freaking outstanding. Sound is great and it makes the same power as any other y pipe back exhaust. I actually heard good things about their suspension as well until your experience. While I agree their customer service is probably sub-par I hate to say that almost any company based in Japan is the same.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:50 AM
protocav

hey popcorn chicken,
why not try the HKS RS coilovers that just came out. they have nice spring rates. i have the LS+ and i think they are great. hks makes a nice product.

Chicken curry
Old 01-24-2005, 09:31 AM
MIAPLAYA

hey popcorn chicken,
why not try the HKS RS coilovers that just came out. they have nice spring rates. i have the LS+ and i think they are great. hks makes a nice product.

Chicken curry
Chicken Curry (aka Sir Socksalot)

I have thought of the HKS setup as well. Its in the running but I liked what I saw from Apexi at SEMA so I wanted see what they had to offer. May have to Apexi doesn't get off their @ss. Of course I could just get some Tokico shocks to go with my B&G springs for a fraction of the cost... Then of course I heard that the Cusco arms do adjust to add camber back in and correct my horrendous neg camber. Theres another $400+ down the drain. Oh BTW I just got my SPC camber arms and toe bolts. Got time?

Popcorn Chicken (aka the local fat@ss)
Old 01-24-2005, 10:57 AM
protocav

i always got time. this weekend?

Chad
Old 01-24-2005, 11:09 AM
MIAPLAYA

i always got time. this weekend?

Chad
Depends on when i get my car back..Hopefully yeah this weekend..BTW those Cusco arms are like $400 shipped right now. I know you were looking for new ones...heres some new pics and stuff. They look AMAZING.

http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model...ng&prodid=1288
Old 01-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hey popcorn chicken,

Chicken curry
I second that.

Something tell's me that the LS+ listed for the Z33 on HKS's Japaneese web site is the same as the RS listed on their U.S. web site, just a guess however.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:02 PM
protocav

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
Depends on when i get my car back..Hopefully yeah this weekend..BTW those Cusco arms are like $400 shipped right now. I know you were looking for new ones...heres some new pics and stuff. They look AMAZING.

http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model...ng&prodid=1288

those are very nice for the price, but they are heavy. mine are great, except for the fact that they sqeak. i actually just designed an entire new sperical bearing assembly to replace the delrin, and i am having it quoted at a machine shop as we speak...or type.

i would jump on the cusco's if i were you. you may want to wait until somone gets their alignment specs back first, to see what the positive adjustment really is. i saw them in person, and it didn't look like very much, but it might be all you need.

Chad
Old 01-24-2005, 12:21 PM
MIAPLAYA

those are very nice for the price, but they are heavy. mine are great, except for the fact that they sqeak. i actually just designed an entire new sperical bearing assembly to replace the delrin, and i am having it quoted at a machine shop as we speak...or type.

i would jump on the cusco's if i were you. you may want to wait until somone gets their alignment specs back first, to see what the positive adjustment really is. i saw them in person, and it didn't look like very much, but it might be all you need.

Chad
yeah thats kinda what I'm waiting on right now. Although the webpage says it should'nt be a prob...