Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Long time Eibach owners....need your input.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 01:31 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Long time Eibach owners....need your input.

Ok ok...before you guys tell me to "search", or sacrifice me to the forum gods, I gotta say that I've been on these boards long enough NOT to forget to do that first. It's become instinct.

BUT after reading what seems like hundreds of pages of references on Eibachs I did not get many longterm reviews.

So I'm hoping for an update...
Anyone who's had the Eibach Pro-kit installed, could you provide some feedback?

Anything along the lines of:

Time since installation?
Any sag issues?
Ride quality?
Clearance? (with lips kits v1 veilside, greddy etc..)
Conjunction with other parts? (shocks,sways)
Tire wear?

Thanks in advance. Any response is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:09 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had them installed almost 2 years ago and no sag issues to date. The ride got a little harder but did away with some of the bouce the first Z's seemed to have. I about to install the Nismo lip so I will see about clearance issues but I already have to be careful pulling in or backing into spots.

I am also about to install Koni shocks so we will see how they feel, and also have Nismo swaybars, the handling is great. Tirewaer has been the normal front feathering with S03's but none with Toyo's go figure.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:08 PM
JimRHIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zeph

I had them for 6,000 miles or so ... I like the drop ... my track wheels were just about tucked.

However, the ride quickly deteriorated .. to the point where I was uncomfortable in the turns with the car ... it felt too stiff and too floaty at the same time.

I took them off ... sold my wheels (no uneven tire wear), got the C4s and was happy again (on stock suspension).

After a month with the C4s .. I hated the wheel gap, but was really scared about the ride if I dropped it again, so I went with Hotchkis on a chance (I know their rep in the domestic world, so I took a chance). So I got the TVS1 springs and sways together

Anyhow, it was dropped almost perfect, leaps and bound of comfort versus the Eibach setup and not too low to be worried. I have the japan Nismo full bumper, and I only worry about scraping on really bad gas stations, etc .. and most of the time I am OK. Not to say I have not scraped, but I am OK most of the time.

Long story short (anyone that knows me knows that I am unable to do that) .... I had the Eibachs, they dropped nicely, aligned ok, caused not too bad tire wear, had poor clearance and rode like a broke-**** honda to me. I'll see if I got some pics I can post for you later to show you the drop

Jim

ps - I still wanna see the Imola leather man ... my black/blacksuede combo looks awesome btw ...
Old 01-31-2005, 02:15 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time since installation? about 1.5 years

Any sag issues? No

Ride quality? Good, stiff but no "bunny hop".

Clearance? (with lips kits v1 veilside, greddy etc..) No clearance issues on stock body.

Conjunction with other parts? (shocks,sways)

Added rear and front camber arms (Kinetix) to get in spec.

Tire wear? Feathering before and after the Eibachs. Latest change installed front camber arms and realigned, we shall see. All on regular S03s...