Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

How are Axxis Ultimate pads? for Brembo calipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:01 PM
SimplyJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are Axxis Ultimate pads? for Brembo calipers

currently i'm running hawk hps pads on my oem calipers but will be upgrading to the oem track brembos soon. Axxis Ultimate pads are significantly cheaper than the Hawks for brembo calipers. Would like some real world reviews. I'll be doing mostly street, autoX and the occasional HPDE. Thanks
Old 05-02-2005, 05:49 PM
FCallender

I've been using Axxis Ult. for 2 years,doing mostly street and some track. They have been consistently reliable and, only recently, shown signs of fading. Since they were about 50% gone I was anticipating that they would do this and they did it very well, giving slightly less grip as I pushed them. Letting them cool brought them right back but the message was clear. New ones on order.
Great pad but don't let them sell you a set without all the fronts having the telltale squeal finger thingy. It's good insurance.
Still waiting for PF to do pads for the Perf model brakes.
Brembos are great but,as an interim step try the Axxis Ult. first before you go to a BBK. That way you can experience a smaller performance step and learn more about how to handle the car before going up the big step. Much cheaper too.
BTDT
Old 05-02-2005, 05:54 PM
SimplyJ

I already have hawk hps pads, stainless lines, and motul 600 fluid. Done a track event in the Z and thought the brakes were adequate, however, I will be doing more in the future and realize that I will soon be surpassing the performance of the stock brakes. I would have waited until that point but I got a great deal on a set of used oem brembos ($1100 for calipers, oem pads, and rotors). I mostly do autoX anyhow, but i just couldn't pass up this deal.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Z CRUZN

I posted several things about the Axxis pads & BBK's over the past few weeks - do a search on "Axxis Ultimate" & they should come up. In the meantime.....On your Brembos (I have StopTech, but for the most part a BBK is a BBK...) the Ultimates will grip like a mother, but the dust is as bad as the OEM pads (if not worse). The Axxis Deluxe Plus pads (street use) grip well enough for the street & low dust like the Hawk HPS - for street they feel as good as the Hawk HPS but are quite a bit less $$. The Deluxe Plus pads perform well enough for light auto-x as well.

I use the Deluxe Plus for the street (decent grip/low dust) & the Ultimates are good for street (but hi-dust)/auto-x & maybe a few trips to the track at "novice" speed. On the rears, the Hawk HPS are good for street/auto-x & maybe light track at novice speed. For more aggressive tracking, everyone has their favs.....front: Hawk HT-10, Pagid Black, Performance Friction 01, etc. rear: Hawk HP are fine. Hope this helps.......I trial-and-errored all the above pads.........