Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Air Suspension - Air Bags/Air Springs

Old 05-04-2005, 08:27 PM
ReavTek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension - Air Bags/Air Springs

Hey Guys,

I think alot of us in the Z World would like a setup we can lower and adjust in the car. Not just damping like the EDFC from Tein but also ride height and compression rates. I have been thinking alot about Air suspension to solve this issue. You can lower your car at the touch of a button to reduce roll, dive and squat on the track and then raise it up for daily driving. I know Bridgestone has a setup called "Praxis" (http://www.praxissystems.com/) that is used for cars that see track time. So it is possible for air setups to be contenders on the track... Has anyone considered this or have any more info?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:49 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i watched a special on some car enthuziast show a few weeks ago. it was Horsepower TV or something. well anyways, they had a segement at the end about Air Suspensions. they went to a track and drove some suped-up camaro ss. all the cars there had air suspensions and were discussing the advantages and what not.

the cars really seemed to perform well. and as you said you can raise and lower the car at will.

one big drawback is weight. im sure these systems weight more than stock due to the pump motors and new brackets.

i would also worry about popping an air bag. they look heavy duty...but ya never know.