Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Hotchkis Sways?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 05:55 AM
bstansbu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgreene
Hrm, so after reading that... for somebody that is just going to have these installed on their daily driver in a dry climate, getting the collars probably isn't a big deal as long as they are regreased every year (as hotchkis recommends), right?
Save 15$ and go get your self a few pints of beer instead. Dont need to collars. Hotchkis designed them without the collars. they no what they are doing, its not some mom and pop company. I have the Sways and drive hard and have tracked my car. No noise. There is a thread around here somewhere where some guy from the hotchkis corp talks about why you dont need collars on their sways. If it gives you that warm and funny feeling inside, then put the collars on. My 2 cents, cheers. BEN
Old 05-10-2005, 09:25 AM
rgreene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I just bought the TVS1, now for that beer...
Old 05-10-2005, 03:15 PM
lovetoclown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mgl
really?
then why did you buy the collars in the first place?
I put them on since it made sense. I know my sway bars were moving side to side. I could not hear any noises, but they were always more to one side or the other. I read that hotchkis knew there may be an issue and they were looking into how to go about fixing the issue. So I went with the collars since others used them and liked them. But I think I am going to take them off and see how it goes. I checked and I do not have any gap between the collar and mount. so I do not know what else to try but to remove them.